Another School Shooting

An 11 year-old perpetrator. How are these boys getting so broken?

Riquelme said authorities believe the boy was influenced by the video game Natural Selection, a first-person shooting game. He said the boy was wearing a undershirt emblazoned with the game’s name.

“He had mentioned the video game, which I believe he tried to recreate today,” the governor said.

Interesting development.

And not in the United States either

He mentioned the video game?

The fact that you had to specifically state it wasn’t in the USA is a damning indictment on the number of school shootings in the USA.

5 Likes

How so? Please explain.

There is no need for me to explain my post. It is extremely clear.

No is not. If it were, I would not have asked you to explain.

1 Like

They are not mutually exclusive.

If you have no explanation, just say so. There is no need for excuses.

2 Likes

What a stupid post.

7 Likes

Riquelme said authorities believe the boy was influenced by the video game Natural Selection, a first-person shooting game. He said the boy was wearing a undershirt emblazoned with the game’s name.

“He had mentioned the video game, which I believe he tried to recreate today,” the governor said.

The website for Natural Selection 2 bills it as “an immersive, multiplayer shooter that pits aliens against humans in a strategic and action-packed struggle for survival.”

It looks like we’re going to need a whole new set of laws that apply to video games?

3 Likes

Why? Was he shooting aliens?

I hope you know…that was PURE sarcasm?

Without knowing is home situation, most behavior, good, bad or indifferent can be traced back to parenting or the lack thereof I think. By extension in the long term, most problems in society. He may have wonderful parents who simply didn’t understand the ramifications of a lack of discipline or maybe the importance of kids needing to feel wanted or a hundred other things.

I don’t think so.

People have innate personalities. The guidance one receives being raised and how that interacts with one’s innate personality have lifelong ramifications, some good some not so good. Adults are products of their aggregate experiences growing up. Exceptions must be made for congenital defects of the brain etc.

1 Like

I agree with what you say here. I think parental influence has been supplanted by internet influence.

2 Likes

If only Mexico had strict gun laws to prevent these sorts of things…

8 Likes

And that would fall under “lack thereof”. I’ve been guilty of it myself and I remember having the realization while it was happening. Scared me and I tried to do better.

1 Like