Another school shooting. time for more thoughts and prayers

Dumping? It has nothing to do with dumping. They were being targeted by democrat controlled cities attempting to sue them all into bankruptcy supposedly to cover the costs incurred by those cities due to “gun violence”.

The first bill passed specifically targeted protecting firearms and ammunition manufacturers and later bills extended the same protections to all manufacturers in the US who might also be targeted under similar pretexts.

I think attempting to sue the Opioid manufacturers is equally unconstitutional and idiotic.

Holding any manufacturer of a lawful product liable for unlawful or irresponsible use of their products liable for same should be repugnant to everyone.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about…
Chicago Sues Gun Makers and Sellers

The history of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act and the subsequent agreement negotiated by President Clinton and then abandoned by President Bush are well documented… It was in all the newspapers… :grinning:

Cite these later bills…

Try reading your own cited articles before posting them.

The complaint called $433 million a “conservative estimate” of expenses incurred since 1994 in Chicago and Cook County in responding to gun violence, including costs of police, hospital care and jails.

Sue for what cause?

On the premise that the manufacturers were somehow liable for the damages done when someone unlawfully used their products to harm others.

Dumping? What are you talking about?

Unless they lied about the addictive properties or some such.

That would be covered under standard product liability.

:rofl: :rofl:

That’s priceless

Exactly.

10 ch

Holy smokes… I guess your internet law degree didn’t cover the difference between damages and the actual tort alleged… The tort or alleged wrongful act was, according the to the very same article:

Chicago has strict laws against handgun ownership, and the suit contends that gun makers saturate outlying areas with more weapons than could possibly be sold to legal buyers, and know that thousands will be purchased for use in Chicago, including by gang members and crooks.

The DAMAGES or liability was the cost of police, hospital care and jails… The plaintiff in a civil suit PROVES to the jury the tort and receives DAMAGES for the liability… Let me know if you would like further instruction on civil lawsuits…

What I said was… .

[quote=“WildRose, post:41, topic:1137, full:true”]
Dumping? It has nothing to do with dumping. They were being targeted by democrat controlled cities attempting to sue them all into bankruptcy supposedly to cover the costs incurred by those cities due to “gun violence”.

The first bill passed specifically targeted protecting firearms and ammunition manufacturers and later bills extended the same protections to all manufacturers in the US who might also be targeted under similar pretexts.
[/quote]The problem here is with your comprehension not with my education.

Keep digging though, it is comical.

Perhaps the bolding will help.

The guy being parroted with the whole “thoughts and prayers” schtick, found himself asking the nation for thoughts and prayers a mere 3 months after his diatribe.

Just sayin’.

What guy?

Don Lemon

Didn’t he used to play for the White Sox?

Already done. Any idea how much extra money is being spent on mental health due to ACA requirements? When can we expect to see the results?

Very good point. Part of O’care was unlimited coverage for mental health care.

I guess free if you can’t afford it, no cap or precondition mental health care isn’t enough.