Another reason I hate the Police

Even the police have a bad day.

:smile:

Sorry, I changed train of thought mid sentence. Should have been Police have tenā€™s of thousands of contacts daily with the public ā€“ from traffic stops, to theft repofts, to investigations of more serious crimes.

If this were true, again ā€“ news media would be overwelmed with stories about the ā€œbad officersā€. I donā€™t disagree there are some bad eggs, but MOST are good.

A lot of those you need to watch in context, and know that for many you donā€™t see the indicent from the start to end complete. Many of the so called civil rights violations are from idiots who know not of what they complaign about.

There are good cops.

There are bad cops.

There are mediocre cops.

I donā€™t lump them all together.

I DO go on the assumption that they are a bad cop until they prove otherwise.

If you must interact with a cop.

1. Be polite.

2. Cooperate fully with their instructions but if it is situation where you suspect that they suspect you of something criminal, offer no information and politely refuse to answer any questions, invoking your 5th Amendment rights when doing so.

3. Never resist, never cop an attitude, never do anything to escalate the situation.

So how would you feel about this police officer if he forced your daughter to lift her shirt, pull her bra away and shake? Would you be ok with that?

ā– ā– ā– ā–  the police!

1 Like

Exactly. For some reason were donā€™t like to tell people not to ā€œscuffleā€ with police. Even if you are innocent, you have just become guilty once you decide to ā€œscuffle.ā€

I would feel he should be fired.

Killed in action this year. Why do you hate her?

How about this fine officer in New Jersey who cost his department 900k for saying he could smell weed on this young guy and did a road side cavity search during a traffic stop. He didnt find anything. Would you be ok with an officer doing a cavity search on your son during a traffic stop?

Yes sirā€¦These guys are Americas finest right here.

check the 9 to 930 mark

I dont hate her. I hate the policeā€¦but just up until they give me a reason not to.

I never appreciated how they didnā€™t want to see me and Lorenzo in the Benzo.

1 Like

Dude, Iā€™m a white guy and as pro police as you can get. Always have been. But I agree with you to a point. In my early 20s police officers would pull me over and ask questions they really had no business asking. Or as a passenger in a car that was pulled over for a routine traffic stop, the cop would ask for ID. I never once gave ID since I wasnā€™t driving and this was just a routine stop. Never had a problem as a result. As a driver, I answered what I thought was reasonable. I would always answer where I am coming from. Where I am going is none of their business. Again, never had a problem.

But what youā€™re doing here is an outlier and using a worse case scenario as a reason to hate cops. If someone started a thread as to why they hate black people and used a carjack video as an example, what would you think?

Yes they are supposed to discharge their duties with compassion. Took me 30 seconds to find The word compassion used in the Indianapolis Police Dept mission and values statement.

Here is a fine officer who didnt like the guy his 18yo daughter was dating. So he throws him in cuffs, and places him in his squad car. The officer tells the boys mom he is going to search her house. She attempts to call 911 when the officer tells her if she completes the call, she was going to jail. He even passed up on a 911 call of a woman who was being beaten that was coming in over his radio because after all, he needed to teach the boyfriend a lesson. And guess whatā€¦The daughter was hiding in the boyfriends car the whole time, but was afraid of her father.

They ended up firing the fine police officer.

.Officer Detains His Daughter's Boyfriend - YouTube

1 Like

I see what you did thereā€¦

Are police now a protected class?

I know I wouldnt be proud of the officer in your state giving a young kid a cavity search on the side of the road who is just trying to get to work.

You donā€™t need to prove there are bad cops. Everybody knows it. We totally get that. Usually they end up getting fired. But there are also great cops. I still donā€™t understand why you hate her? Why?

Is it within the TOS to attribute words to others that they did not say? Almost 30 minutes ago I responded to your question that I didnt hate her, I hated the police. So now after 30 minutes, why would you try to bait me and claim that I hate her when I specifically stated that I didnt? So why would you try to claim that I hate her? Why?

Because sheā€™s a cop and you hate cops. You didnā€™t say some cops. Sheā€™s a cop.

Dude you canā€™t tell me ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Iā€™ve dealt with police officers more than you know. My youth was spend in a drug zone as a white dude. They used to search me purposely because why else would I be there? Because only white dudes go into black drug infested areas to score drugs, right? I had friends and family there. Cops do what they do. Your example was ridiculous.

Itā€™s this kind of OP that makes advising young criminal justice students difficult. The way some folks surgically pluck out anecdotes in order broadbrush HATE onto all officers is frightening and is in part why some police are targeted for murder.

1 Like