Another mass shooting - at least 12 dead in CA

And I’m sure citizens in other countries think they’re equally as free and don’t have to teach their 14yo kids to stay alive at school. Or yoga class.

Maybe they do think they’re equally free, and good on them, I hope they’re happy…at least as happy as I am enjoying the wonderful rights the founding father guaranteed me. So again, no thanks.

And that’s the difference between you and I. I don’t think the founders made any mistake when it comes to the idea of ensuring individual freedoms other than not going far enough in that cause, clearly you do. But that’s ok, we’re just different people. I’m the type that’s not willing to surrender freedom for false security, you’re not that type. And as you exercise your (non mistake) freedom of speech to try and sell me on this idea of surrendering my (non mistake) right to bear arms, I’ll just politely decline. So, once again, thanks…but no.

one could certainly argue that you aren’t free unless the government let’s you purchase any weapon.

so, are you free with handguns and rifles and not free because you can’t buy anti-aircraft missiles?

And there you have it Guns. There it is.

1 Like

Actually, I’m fairly content with the level of freedom I have now. I can likely deal without a level that would allow me possession of a crew served weapon, but I’m certainly not willing to surrender what I have now. Especially given the fact that every time we have surrendered bits of it in the past, it has proven to be not enough for those who just want it all. So, again, thanks but no…I’m pretty content right here.

The Constitution does not and never has made keeping slaves a right.

you probably don’t realize it yet but you can’t win this argument with the path i took.

so, before you said you were free. now you’re saying that you’re happy with your level of freedom. which is it? are you free because the government allows you to purchase pistols and rifles or are you not free because they restrict the purchase of other weapons?

:rofl: I love this guy.

1 Like

We could bring this back around to being a racial issue if you like, but that would be off topic.

Guns, ask him what the difference between freedom and liberty is.

Well, you know sneaky, that’s how you really judge a free society…how much the government LET’S us do vs what is deemed safe.

Bring up all you want Sammy still the fact remains white males commit a fairly amount of mass shootings

And justifiable homicides and accidents … and more than half of the criminal homicides take place between criminals. If he wants to talk about “ain’t that safe” he ought to be counting up traffic deaths … or abortions.

actually, you originally said you were free. then you said you are happy with your “level” of freedom (since i mentioned the weapons the government restricts citizens from buying/owning).

i get that you’re stuck now.

So what? Blacks, proportionally to their demographic, commit most of the murders. If you want to play the race card here, you are going to lose.

And whites kill more whites… Again the fact remains that white males commit a decent amount of mass shootings… Why do you have a hard time with that

What I realize is that you’ve already lost this argument.

Now I KNOW I’ve described my condition as living in a free society, having a level of freedom and being afforded rights…can you point to where I described myself as free?

I don’t have a hard time with it. It simply is not pertinent. Race has no bearing on this issue.