Another mass shooting - at least 12 dead in CA

No, I’m not. Care to answer the question?

Is it irrational to fear being a victim in a mass shooting?

You don’t want to believe it. At this point, it’s become so ingrained you can’t even see.

I didn’t try to validate the statement, I just showed how it equated to the one you tried to validate.

But, good try anyhow.

The legislation passed in 1791.

But they didn’t. For a reason.

More 2a self re-enforcing mythology. I can understand why you’re drawn to it.

You are not condemned to anything.

Looking at your avatar I’m not convinced

I’m not here to convince you. I’m here to correct you.

1 Like

‘‘Correcting me’’ could mean anything from story telling to lying.

Maybe that was based on the silly idea of establishing a free society, realizing individual rights are paramount in that regard and understanding restriction of those rights in a vein effort to thwart the nefarious acts of a few is pretty much the antithesis to the whole idea. Otherwise, they may have penned the end of first amendment to read “…unless people think they will find comfort in restricting such rights”
[/quote]

Maybe you don’t realize there are other free societies with different laws/constitutions and they don’t have firearm homicides at 54 minutes.

Isn’t it crazy that some people get away with the “firearms make us safer” argument when the there have been 1,500,000 firearm deaths since 1968?

That ain’t safe folks.

Sure I do, I just don’t hold them in as high regards as I do THIS free society. That gives me an unwillingness to emulate them, especially when doing so would require further restricting everyone’s individual rights…that’s just a silly concept to me.

“Let’s make our free society better then those other free societies by restricting everyone’s rights”

Yeah, I don’t know how anyone could see that as anything but silly.

and yet their FREE citizens haven’t been gunned down 1,500,000 times since the first hippie.

What’s really crazy are those people claiming “let’s make our country better by stripping away certain rights and further limiting people’s freedom”.

Now, that’s off the wall bonkers when you get right down to it.

actually, the crazy part is the founders made a mistake (which was understandable at the time) and now someone dies more often than there are hours in a day.

if ISIS killed 26 US citizens per day we’d be nuking people.

Free? No. Have liberties? Yes, including more than here. There’s a difference.

Counting suicides.

Because when arguments get broken down to the point there’s nothing serious to argue…race always rejuvenates the argument.

And some of those free citizens probably get “free” healthcare too…but I’m still not seeing the reason I should surrender the right’s I enjoy in some vein attempt to emulate them. No, I think I’ll just stick with the old individual rights I’ve got here. Thanks for asking, but no thanks.