Another golden opportunity missed by republicans

Sort of funny how Trump is now lying about how $5B will build his wall. Past estimates have put the price tag at $25 - $75B.

1. You literally asked what would Chuck say? And I illustrated an answer that would have embarrassed Trump while remaining consistent with opinions that he (Schumer) has expressed in the past.
  2. You yourself are “attempting to speak for Chuck” in this argument. Chuck Schumer never said–as you imply that he did-- “border security depends on the construction of a big beautiful contiguous wall (not a fence, a wall!).” <–That is Donald Trump’s position. Schumer has advocated for “very good border security” he even mentioned this in the meeting in the oval office. Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

This is a sales technique known as a “monkey paw.” Instead of trying to get your client to agree to a big commitment, you sell them on an initial phase, a pilot project, or a proof of concept project. That project is one step closer to closing the big expensive deal. Once the client has bought into the first phase, it’s hard for them to avoid moving on to phase 2 and beyond.

2 Likes

I would love for someone to ask Chuck why he was in favor of a wall before he was opposed. He has not commented yet.

Because nobody has asked Chuck why he was in of a wall before he was against it. Nice folks such as yourself have been happy to answer for him. But I would prefer he speak for himself.

Multiple have answered you, specifically highlighting that Chuck never was in favor of “a wall”, are you unable to read?

5 Likes

Never mind, looks like this is the Rain-man arguing technique being utilized here…

2 Likes

We have physical barriers at the border and high-traffic areas. Trump campaigned on a 30-foot wall across the entire border. Your assertion in the OP is that they supported what Trump is pushing for prior to him becoming POTUS. Show your work.

Your question is not based in reality…chuck was for border security not a wall…

So the correct question is why is chuck against the wall before he was against the wall…

I would love for someone to ask Chuck why he was in favor of a wall before he was opposed. He has not commented yet.

Saving the OP time.

If you concede the fact that chuck was never in favor of trumps wall then the whole argument falls apart…

I don’t care. I wasn’t asking for multiple answers. I was wondering why nobody has bothered to ask Chuck why he was in favor of the wall before he was opposed. I’m really not interested in anyone answering this question for him. Y’all seem incredibly opposed to Chuck speaking for himself. If you prefer then, we can call it a barrier or an enhanced fence. Call it what you will. But Chuck is opposed to any physical barrier now. Before he was in favor. Why?

Call him Idiotic.

How about this then? "Hey Chuck, before Trump, you were in favor of a strong, enhanced, physical barrier to reduce illegal entry. Why are you opposed to it now? Would such phrasing satisfy your needs?

Who is him?

You are the one putting words in his mouth. He was not in favor of “the wall.”

1 Like

Okay. I would be happy to compromise then. How bout dis? "Hey Chuck, before Trump, you were in favor of a strong, enhanced, physical barrier to reduce illegal entry. Why are you opposed to it now? Would such phrasing satisfy your needs?

So many falsehoods in this post.

Why do you keep putting words in chucks mouth that he never said?

Thats a better question…

1 Like

Yeah… out of this thread since it is based on a complete fantasy…

1 Like