Another double standard?

Hmm remember any of them being disciplined?

This must be Different

2 Likes

Why are those on the Left using the term “woman” regarding abortion?

3 Likes

General Volesky was “suspended” from his role as a civilian expert advisor. The link doesn’t provide any info related to the General’s retirement pay or benefits. General Volesky is a badass and his knowledge invaluable. For the Army to react like this publicly is foolish. Volesky should sue for 1st Amendment rights infringement. He’s not in uniform anymore, he’s a private citizen.

2 Likes

Only woke leadership is permitted in our armed forces now, and the stories confirming this are endless. Barack Obama set out to weaken us on the international stage, and he succeeded beyond his wildest dreams.

Please elaborate. I’d like to hear your take, it’s in your area and I value your opinion.

Its ticky tack…But being a 3 star, he should have known that there could be consequences.

Why should he have known that? Who else has government fired for exercising their constitutional right to free speech?

1 Like

Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom of repercussions. I’m free to walk in and tell my boss he is an ■■■■■■■ …I’ll get fired, but I’m still free to do it.

First they are subject to UCMJ, although I disagree with that. Actual crimes committed I don’t have a problem with. I don’t see why retired should still loose their first amendment rights once retired. That puts every military member who ever became a politician, reporter or one of those experts in a position of being court martial for doing their job.

Also you can not publicly disparage the chain of command such as the President. However Mrs Biden is not in that chain and was not elected so believe this is just retaliatory.

2 Likes

You aren’t the government.

I would say the examples from retired and active not being disciplined in Trumps term relieved him of that concern.

1 Like

Thank you. I too reached a similar conclusion and thought it to be an overreach but a respected Hannity Lander disagreed so I wanted to hear your additional military perspective. :+1: :wink:

1 Like

You only have freedom of speech in regard to the government. No one else has to recognize your freedom of speech. The government does, and free from repercussions.

Now you know what repugs must do once they gain power…punish anyone that works for the government that speaks out against conservatives/republicans. You don’t have a right to free speech when you work for the government…not even on your own time.

5 Likes

when did government get the authority to punish speech uttered by government employees who speak on their own time? i must have missed the repeal of the 1st amendment

3 Likes

I am sure no one in the military ever faced any repercussions for insulting, in public, the wife of someone higher up the chain of command…

1 Like

He’s free to say what he wants…

without repurcussion from the government

“The MCM states any service member may be prosecuted under Article 88 (Contempt Toward Officials) if they use “contemptuous words against the President, the Vice President, Congress, the Secretary of Defense, the Secretary of a military department, the Secretary of Security, or the Governor or legislature of any State,”

jill biden isn’t an official.

1 Like