Another Coal Company Bankrupt

Stocking stuffers at Christmas? For trumpers of course.

Unfortuantly we don’t have the tech they will have in a thousand years.

until then, we need what we have and is proven to work reliably and all the time.

We don’t need any new technology. Everything we need already exists and is proven and reliable.

Yeah, screw doing what we can to get there faster, right?

Also, at what time will it be okay for us to not feel sorry for those who are in the dying coal industry who have chosen not to get retrained and will eventually be obsolete? Because its gonna happen, and sooner than you expect.

Nuclear works and is proven. But as a species we decided to say ■■■■ it.

1 Like

3 Mile Island ruined that.

This. I hope coal miners have a backup plan. It’s important to take personal responsibility for one’s career prospects, especially in that industry.

Same goes for travel agents, photo processors, taxi drivers, door-to-door salespeople, lamplighters, and rat catchers.

I didn’t say that. Unless you can link me to where I did.

Doesn’t matter. We don’t need technology from 1000 years from now in order to take ourselves off carbon producing energy production (or at least nearly off).

Once we have reliable, and stable, and 24/7 alternatives.

Gonna happen sooner than we expect? That was where the mirror solar plants came in (direct the sunlight to heat a tower of an oil substance that produces steam), but they found out the oil leaks regularly, and the mirrors are frying birds.

Wind power? They are finding the “hum” they create isn’t good for humans and is having an adverse reaction with wildlife.

Trade off’s I guess right?

Yeah, probably not. People say all kinds of funny things.

The media overreaction to three mile island ruined it.

Well and Chernobyl. But that was a special case. RBMK reactors were flawed designs.

Nuclear is reliable, stable, and available 24/7. It’s also clean, unlike coal.

How much study has been done on it?

How long have we been putting up these huge wind turbines?

What will long term studies show?

Yup,

but enviro wacko’s won’t allow those either. They are trying to build a small one here in Utah and the enviro wacko’s have been fighting it every step of the way.

Considerable study has been done. Windmills have been up for decades. I can’t predict the future but I’d be willing to bet it doesn’t change with “long term” studies beyond the long term studies already done.

The point, which maybe you missed, was that we aren’t actually finding problems with how the noise affects people.

Decades?

20+ years

I think you are talking a different type of windmill not the wind generators and the volume of them we see today.

Going on 25 where I come from. En masse, large turbines, nearly a MW each.

That’s the reason I’m not a fan of the environmentalist movement.

The one power source we have that could essentially replace fossil fuels for power generation essentially overnight and they come out against it.

Humanity has squandered what is arguably God’s gift. Instead we wasted our knowledge building weapons to exterminate ourselves and on the flip side attempting to destroy its benefits for clean energy.

We are fools.

From childhood, I remember all of the windmills on the drive to Concord in the Bay Area. That’s got to be at least 25 years ago. I’d guess they were put up in the early eighties at the latest.