Another Coal Company Bankrupt

The sky is falling–Chicken Little.

Allan

See your not adressing what would happen under Bamma’s plan. What does SKYROCKETING rates mean? How would it effect the economy, jobs, and everything else.

What’s your answer?

How can you answer a hypothetical?

The clean Power plan was repealed by Trump.

Allan

Doesn’t matter. What did Obamma have planned for the economy, jobs, and the like if his plan was going to make electricity rates skyrocket?

I know you can answer this.

It would shift the country away from high carbon output energy production. Which produces jobs, jobs, jobs.

Pretty simple.

Describe how it produces jobs? I want details. And remember, when coal plants shut down, it’s going to make electricity more expensive so just about everything is going to have a price increase, leaving less disposable income for the population.

I don’t know why you think it wouldn’t create jobs. It seems pretty obvious to me.

Do you not understand how manufacturing and installing energy generating capacity requires labor?

There are about 160K coal workers in the US. 4 times that in renewable energy.

What would the net gain be with all the coal miners, coal truck drivers being put out of work be?

Once you have a 200 tower windfarm, how many employee’s does it take compared to a coal power plant?

How many people are coal miners and coal truck drivers?

Seems it takes quite a lot of labor to manufacture and construct 200 wind mills, wouldn’t you say?

Here’s another example.

Company proposed a solar plant in the county I live in. Planed to be 80 megawatts with solar panels. The panels would take up thousands of acres.

The proposal would have had 150 TEMP workers over a 12 to 18 month period to instal. The company wanted $10 million dollars in tax rebates from the county to make the rates ‘affordable’.

How many long term employee’s do you think the company could guarantee would live and work in the county?

How many windfarms will be built? How long will it keep those people working?

I know the one here in Utah had three phases planned. first phase took a year. Second phase took a year (2 years later). Phase 3 has been put off indefinitly because they can’t sell the power at a rate high enough to recoup costs (and that even with the federal government leasing the land at an increadibly low rate).

Who cares if there’s jobs for the panels in the county (specifically)?

At the end of the day, manufacturing and installing this power generating capacity takes work which means jobs.

You ask a lot of questions but don’t have a lot of answers.

It’ll take a tremendous amount of labor to transition the energy generation in this country. The process will take decades.

Okay, let me rephrase it.

How many NEW jobs for the company (anyplace in the state) do you think a new solar farm covering thousands of acres would they guarantee to create.

And to what results?

Solar panel farms only work when the sun shines (cloudy days cuts the output tremendously). Solar plants that use mirrors lose efficiency once the sun goes down, and the one in AZ still has several hours a day on the longest days it can’t produce.

Wind power only prodecues when the wind blows. Even then, if the wind is to high a speed, they things shut down to keep from destroying themselves.

There is and will always be a need for traditional (coal, natural gas) plants.

Also keep in mind, that natural Gas plants take a resource that millions of people use to heat their homes, raising the cost for those home owners as they compete for the resource.

You seem to have the answers – how many NEW jobs (you know jobs lost vs ones created) will alternative energy generation create in this country over a 10 year period?

Many new jobs. Expanding production of solar panels requires lots of labor. This seems pretty obvious.

Energy is capable of being stored. Should we build the capacity to store energy produced in excess of need, then the requirement for carbon producing energy generation disappears.

1000 years from now. they will be laughing at that statement.

we will be so far advanced past coal it wont be funny.

Allan

Has black lung disease been eradicated yet?