Another Coal Company Bankrupt

Yeah, when I read stuff like this it just makes me shake my head. Natural gas has been the noose around coal’s neck for a while now and these people still believe that a NY con man is going to bring antiquated jobs back. Say what you want about illegal immigrants but I actually have some respect for them that they’ll travel long distances and risk their necks to make it across the border just to find work doing the most menial jobs. Meanwhile, entitled Americans won’t even get off their ass to take advantage of training and courses that are practically given to them.

2 Likes

The workers and pensioners of the whale oil industry feel your pain.
Coal oil? It was a plot of the demon Libz!!!11! to ruin the lives of hard-working, God-fearing, patriotic American whalers and their loving families! And now they’re ruining coal workers. Nothing’s never enough for them damn Libz!

Oh well. Save Colorado from coal

Did you read your article?
Company officials say the Chapter 11 filing is part of a restructuring agreement with an unnamed group of lenders. Company officials say operations won’t be interrupted and there are no expected staff reductions.

Nothing about wage cuts or pension changes (not sure they offer pensions anyway).

If you’re a coal miner and not seeking a new line of work, or at least preparing for it, you’re an idiot.

Yup. Time for these guys to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and get a real job.

Some people don’t give a ■■■■■ They are blinded by ignorance masquerading as “science”

You can’t teach stupid.

1 Like

How is this the fault of people who want clean air and water?

Just because the end isnt gonna come in the next 20 years doesnt mean that the writing for coal isnt on the wall. Its a dying industry, and those that decide to stay in that industry to the bitter end are gonna get what they have coming to them for being so unwilling to change.

Science may not be able to prove global warming, but one thing is gonna happen for sure…coal will eventually run out. The only question is when.

Talk about not giving a ■■■■■■■■ government offered to retrain those in the coal industry for other jobs and most of these asses said no.

Bet that doesnt stop them in a couple years from being like the farmers now who signed up for the very policies that they are now asking to be subsidized in response to.

It’s ironic when a climate science flat-earther blathers on about “ignorance.” Yours doesn’t wear a disguise.

Wasn’t this one of Obama’s promises that he would bankrupt coal companies? I believe it was so ithis should make liberals extremely happy, but there is just no pleasing them! :roll_eyes:

Hopefully this company can regroup and restructure the business and recoup their Obama loses.

No. It wasnt.

They could start selling MAGA hats and TrumpyBears.

1 Like

Jeesch guys - everyone knows coal is the other white meat.

1 Like

It was to bankrupts us ALL

in regards to his plan for coal “electricity rates would necessarily SKYROCKET.”

Not increase a little. Not go up some, BUT Skyrocket!

Thank you for your interpretation but I’ll stick with what he actually said instead.

The skyrocketing electric rates would effect EVERYONE and EVERY business. So consumers (aka you and I) get hit twice. That sure as hell sounds like wanting to either bankrupt coal companies or the people or both.

I’m sure it could “sound like” a lot of things to those who want it to.

1 Like

What does electricity rates necessarily SKYROCKET mean to you sir?