Another anti-vaxer dies

#1 You employer is choosing to participate in medicare/medicaid. Of course from a business perspective not participating would probably result in higher numbers of people being let go.

#2 My point exactly, the numbers have been shown, that infection rates and severity of illness are significantly reduced for vaccinated verses unvaccinated. And as I’ve said before, those with medical documentation and a doctors diagnosis should be treated the same as vaccinated persons.

WW

I work at a rural hospital that does not make money. We serve our community. If our hospital couldn’t take Medicare or Medicaid, we would cease to exist. And most commercial insurances follow Medicare guidelines anyway.
My job would be gone, but there is no telling how many lives would be lost that have nothing to do with Covid.
Quite frankly, I do think that most at my job that are unvax now, will stand firm. There probably won’t be a hospital. Or at the very least, only an ER.

Many of my coworkers have had Covid already. Our town has never shut down, many of our children are taught at home, and many raise their own food.

2 Likes

Yep…It is worth noting that the percent had climbed while total numbers are not alarming.

Nope. Not you, the horse uneducated.

I knew right away it wasn’t a whip.

Unfortunately a lot of urban people don’t know ■■■■ about horses like I do.

Stereotype much.

Not me.

Allan

Well, to be honest, the Pfizer vaccine does need a booster and if it has been 6 months, you don’t need a Doctor’s note saying you are high risk to get a shot at a Rite Aid, etc.

And anyone over 65 can get one, plus those with high risk of severe disease and high job risk.

Which is sort of a subjective thing to each person, a waiter could feel their job is high risk and go get one, and no one will stop them either.

So it isn’t boosters for all, but it sort of is, if you already had the Pfizer jabs.

True. But why not just approve it for everyone then? Why make people play games?

Our state is being pretty obvious about it, saying something like “If you ascertain your situation as risky, you should get a booster.”

Is there any information about how frequent pfizer boosters will be needed? Is there a chance after 3 or 4 shots the immunity to infection sticks around longer than 6 months?

The elephant in the room are the considerable number of people that have natural immunity.

When will they be considered in the vaccination goal?

:elephant:

1 Like

I think the issue there is, how do you know for sure? Tons of people think they had Covid. Not all of them did.

And it seems not every case delivers the same immunity.

I do think in time after further study, we’ll feel comfortable saying 'you are immune for x months after verified infection. But honestly, it’s going to be moot in a few years once the covid vaccination becomes required bu schools and the vast majority of Americans are vaccinated from a young age.

This is why the message is muddled.

Natural immunity is more effective and must be considered.

Courier Journal Op-Ed: Rand Paul: "The science proves people with natural immunity should skip COVID vaccines" - Senator Rand Paul

There is a lot of competing research on the subject.

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/how-long-does-covid-19-immunity-last/

How long does natural immunity last after a COVID-19 infection?

Initially, researchers thought that natural immunity to COVID-19 only lasted for about 2 to 3 months before fading. There were even reports of people getting sick twice. But as experts have learned more about COVID-19, they’ve found that immunity lasts much longer than that.

One recent study found that natural immunity is still present in people up to 11 months after they were infected. Another small study from July 2020 noted that the memory cells of people who had COVID-19 are similar to those of people who were sick in the early 2000s with SARS (a virus very similar to the one that causes COVID-19). Because of this preliminary data, some experts think natural immunity to COVID-19 might last for several years.

However, this may not be true for many people. There is recent researchshowing that not everyone that gets sick with COVID-19 is gaining immunity. In this study, 36% of people didn’t become immune after recovering. This means they would be able to get sick with COVID-19 again.

That sounds reasonable but when you dig in a little it becomes problematic. First off, people get Covid to different degrees which may result in different levels of resistance. Some may develop low levels and some may develop high. Further, we have no idea how long it may last.

With a vaccine, we are controlling one variable in knowing how much exposure there was. Further, it is easier to test for longevity when we have one dosage from a vaccine so likely less variability.

Finally, is there a downside to taking the vaccine even if previously had Covid? Doesn’t seem like much of a downside to me.

That affirms two points.

1. Muddled.

2. Should be considered…ie…no mandates…strong sell…open books on all data.

Another study.

This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity.

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections | medRxiv

Well, a traditional vaccination spreads the first and second by several months, the reason we dosed them so close together was to hit some sort of immune response in the quickest time possible. The immune response from the better timed 3rd jab seems to be fairly tremendous, much more than predicted. I would anticipate a fairly lengthy immune response from this.

1 Like

They should be, in Michigan they are.

2 Likes

Mmmmmmm

Or so you’d think. I don’t think they counted on all those vax people ending up with no antibodies after all, and only after a month or 2.

1 Like

Very sad. 5 kids left without a parent.

“He never smoked, never drank, didn’t do drugs, didn’t have diabetes, wasn’t overweight, was a heavy equipment operator, did a lot of highway work,” Mike Mitchem said. “He worked every day. He was always working, always outside, always doing something. Very active.”

https://fredericksburg.com/news/local/stafford-couple-die-of-covid-two-weeks-apart-leaving-behind-five-children/article_de671fcf-b32e-5ae1-a9d0-c2e26d64c5ff.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR2amLH1km29R6fsg-mjgz9wWm0u4jrsBvuMFc5XiD-pQ4n38lE_1sLgU60

Vaccines still working