Another anti-vaxer dies

Don’t lose your job over it. The vaccine is safe and effective. You should get it. Don’t take my word for it. Forget the mandate and go research the vaccine.

1 Like

I 100% respect your opinion not to get vax’ed. It is your choice, that doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to your choice. And I am truly sorry that you as an individual will lose your job based on your choice.

The pandemic that as killed over 710,000 of your fellow citizens is an airborne virus. As such you have 100% right to choose to get vax’ed or not. However you do not have a right to be a possible vector for spreading the virus and employers have rights of property and a need to provide as safe a work environment for their employees and customers as they can.

And while no vaccine is 100% effective it is the best we have in reducing the spread and the severity of the disease. The severity is also a big factor for a business and most employers pay well over the majority of the cost for health insurance premiums. With more infections and more server infections the cost of treating patients goes up. That translates into higher medical costs and higher premiums. Ensuring, from a business perspective, that disease vectors are reduced means a better control of costs.

I was raised by the greatest generation. My parents were raised during the Great Depression and my father served in combat in the Army during WWII in the European theater. The scarifies my parents went through in serving overseas and the rationing and restrictions that my Mom had will raising my sisters (I was born after the war) are magnitudes higher then what we are seeing now.

Seems like a lot of the Freeberty whinners don’t understand what it really means to respect the rights of property of business owners and employers or even what real sacrifice is like.

In some ways it’s embarrassing to see the whining going on about how someone has a right to be a vector for infection.

(With that said, I do support the concept that disease resistance though having COVID should be treated the same as resistance gained through a vaccine when medically documented and attested to by an attending physician based on test results. I also believe that those with documented medical conditions where vaccination is contra indicated should be exempted but may still be required to follow other mitigating processes when possible.)
With respect to your opinion, that is the other side of the coin.

WW

2 Likes

Everything people are saying In this thread about Covid and unvax is also true about the vaxed too.

Keep talking about how the vax works better than whatever, but it only takes one person to have Covid, vaxed or not, and all of the things that you are worried about the unvaxed doing are still happening.
I can not be the only one who has known several people who are vaxed and got really sick and took it to their families. I live in a little town out in rural America. Most of my patients are vaxed , but they still cancel appointments because they were exposed and have to quarantine. 2 people I know this moment are in the hospital who are vaxed and very sick.

What are we gonna do when all the unvax no longer participate in society and people are still passing around strains of this virus?
What happens when we have herd immunity and no one gets the virus anymore? Do us unvax people get let back in to your safe world? Or are we permanently ostracized from society?
Are you gonna take all our children away because we are choosing to be poor rather than get jabbed?
What will you do with the 45% of Americans that are unemployed due to not being vax? Or are you just hoping that they the threat lessen that?

2 Likes

I had Covid , so we do agree.

1 Like

No.

Not meant that way. Choosing not to get vaxxed out of spite because there is a mandate is wrong. My point was to put all predispositions aside and research the actual vaccine data before making a final decision.

Now, CF said he already had covid. I’m good with him not needing vaccination for now. We need to determine how long natural immunity lasts and go from there.

Of course it does.

Missing days at work, possibly spreading it to kids and parents…

It’s a PITA.

Whether you are vax or not. Same thing.

I hope it wasn’t too severe.

IMHO, with proper documentation from a doctor you should be issued the equivalent of a vaccine card and be treated the same way as those gaining some measure of resistance through vaccination.

WW

No doubt we were sick. But just like a bad cold and really tired. The fatigue lasted the longest. Never took anything but Tylenol.
My husband and daughter and I got it together.

You think we should be equal to those that are vax, but the government has mandated that my job cannot take that into consideration.

On a side note, is it against the rules to say “Let’s go Brandon” ?

What a crock, anyone who knows anything about horse tack knows what a split rein is. And yes I know a lot about horses. Lol. So don’t say you. I knew right away it wasn’t a whip.

Allan

Well except you have a greater chance of dying without the vax if you get covid.

Allan

You©

Ilk

You asked me a question and went on a rant about how I like the police.

It only takes 1.

Who else would enforce it?

Enforcement doesn’t require the police or even the folks monitoring the halls enforing the policy Plenty of stadiums have vaccine requirement.

You seem to have wandered off. We were discussing “real lockdowns”.

1 Like

I’m not understanding “It only takes 1”?

Just for a comparison…

Lets say (and I’m just putting numbers here, they are not real) that:

• 1 in 1000 people are likely to have a symptomatic COVID case if unvaccinated.
  • 1 in 100,000 people is likely to have a symptomatic COVID case if vaccinated.
  • 1 in 100 people that are symptomatic may require hospitalization if unvaccinated.
  • 1 in 10,000 people that are symptomatic may require hospitalization if vaccinated.

So because of the 1, employers should be denied rights property?

WW

2 things.

1. My employer is not choosing to mandate the vax. The government is requiring them to.

2. It only takes 1. My point is that I have no greater chance of giving or getting Covid than any vax person.
    If anyone works with a 100% staff of vax people, it is not unreasonable to believe that someone is going to be a breakthrough case in a company with at least 100 employees.
    1 employee gets Covid and they can still give it to others and they and others can bring it home. How is that any different than someone who’s had Covid and or being unvax doing the same thing?

2 Likes