Another anti-vaxer dies

Potatoes, Potahtoes.

The person who is donated her kidney to that person is also unvaccinated and they are friends. I read about this last week.

She’s not giving the kidney to any else.

3 Likes

No. Poxers.

Harrowing and so sad and unnecessary…

A man who refused a Covid vaccination has died after posting a harrowing live video to Facebook of himself being intubated.

Mike Jonesbatch from Colorado posted an update before he passed away, admitting the deadly virus was about to kill him and people need to get vaccinated.

"This is what covid is doing! " he wrote, alongside a 28-minute long video of himself struggling to breathe in the hospital.

“Killing people.”

In a Facebook post on September 11, Mr Jonesbatch said he can’t breathe for more than “three seconds”.

“Y’all better go get vaccinated,” he wrote in a Facebook post. "You know I was all against that ■■■■ but this ■■■■ is bout to kill ya boy.

"I got blood clots in my lungs and heart. I can’t breathe by myself for longer than three seconds and I run out of breath and pass out.

Ethically it is still dicey, though. But I do agree that does put a wrinkle in things. Perhaps they can find another more accommodating transplant program. But bear in mind, they are stringent in their rules because the demand is so high and the supply so low, so exceptions might not be possible.

This thread is big so this story might have already been posted, but I found this case really troubling. This is a sad story about a Colorado woman passing from COVID, big anti-vaxxer but unfortunately she passed from COVID. She had 4 kids, and she wasn’t heavy or ill, seemed in good shape.

What a shame.

1 Like

It always feels especially sad and unnecessary when kids lose one of their parents to covid over the dumb decision not to vaccinate. I don’t always blame them because they often have been indoctrinated with so much disinformation by Right wing media/social media.

Cases and hospitalizations in PA went from roughly 5 percent to 25 percent among vaccinated.

Vaccine is still performing well and worth getting.

Democrats will be able to drag this out to 2022 midterm.

http://pge.libercus.net/.pf/showstory/202110080122/3

From the article.

“We know that the vaccines do give a great measure of protection,” Dr. Johnson said. “Even now, with the delta variant, with the waning immunity, the cases that we have, the hospitalizations that we have, people who are really ill, are still largely the unvaccinated.”

Allan

The U.S. government from Trump to Biden has done the absolute bare minimum to contain COVID and over 700,000 people have died.

I don’t feel like people are mad enough about that.

1 Like

That decision did nothing to address supply.

1 Like

What else would you have it do?

An actual lockdown.

What do you think that would take here and what would it achieve?

Don’t know. The right is really mad about the vaccine. I don’t have solution for that.

So because they’re “mad about the vaccine”, you want a “real lockdown”?

You want US police doing what the police did in Australia and elsewhere? Beating people for being outside? How do you think that’s going to go over here?

And how would that address vaccine refusal/hesitancy? Lockdown as punishment for vaccine refusal?

What do you think police enforcing a lockdown would look like in the black community? In the illegal community? The recently imported Afghan community?

You© went apoplectic when you© didn’t know the difference between split reins and a whip and TV Man spun you up - because the “victim” was Haitian. What do you think it looks like for real?

The “solution” is for you to do what’s right for you, then mind your own business. You can’t save them, it’s not your or the government’s job.

There’s a whole lot of people in this country who aren’t going to put up with another lockdown, much less a “real one”.

They won’t give their consent to be governed that way. They did it once, in some places more than once. They wear the masks and get vaccinated. You try to incarcerate them “for real” they’re going to have something to say about it.

You can only push people so far for so long. The CFR is 1.8 I was told. That means the gen pop has a 98.2% chance of NOT DYING, even if they get it. And you want to lock them in their houses, take away their livelihoods, over that?

Yes it’s bad. A lot of people have died. It’s a tragedy. But the immiseration of the population by the state is not warranted.

And the pain is just beginning.

2 Likes

Then why do you advocate for it?

I’m surprised the FDA didn’t approve boosters for all. I get that hospitalization and death of course are the most important thing, but just getting Covid is pretty disruptive and has serious ripple effects in terms of possible transmissions etc…

I don’t know the about the rest of “ the right” , but I’m don’t care about the vax, I care about the mandate. You want the vax, get it. Just stop pressuring me to. It is my business what I put in my body.
I really just can’t believe that in a few weeks I’m going to lose my job over this.

I care about the fact that it seems that my generation raised a bunch of ignorant children who don’t appreciate freedom, the constitution, or another persons right to have an opinion.
We raised a generation of children with anxiety and depression or children who think they have anxiety and depression.
Our generation created this environment where people have lofty ideas and only a few can afford them. But they all think the other guy who is rich can pay for it. He doesn’t need all that money.

And these people control the social agenda.

Which turns out, means they control the rest of us.

3 Likes

What? No it doesn’t.