Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

I agree. Except that it is sedition.

Because they are career bureaucrats, because they are afraid of being viewed a certain way. They could be lying not because they are afraid of being charged with a crime but simply because of how it looks. Though funnily enough when someone says “it’s not what it looks like” most of the time it actually is exactly what it looks like. But that “it” is not sedition.

I respectfully disagree. They were “lining up”, willing to wear a wire, polling - all to drive an outcome. There was not and is not any indication that Trump is unable to fulfill his duties. Unable is the term in the 25th. And they knew that.

They plotted because he fired Comey. A clear fulfillment of his duty.

But, you made a great post.

None of which amounts to attempt to overthrow the government in a coup. It’s abiding by the procedures set out in the constitution.

The bolded part is what bothers me the most.

Hard to believe these empty theories make any sense to them.

That outcome would include a 2/3rds vote in both houses of Congress.

Why do you think it didn’t get out of the spitballing phase?

1 Like

Calm down. How is he unstable? Poop Twittering, bromance with Putin, racist policies to start. As far as successes. Dems had his number BEFORE they got the majority in the House.

And don’t start with the right-wing “sedition” myth. It ain’t happening.

And yes, the 25th is there. It’s being discussed. So what?

There was more than dislike. A lot more. If it was on that basis alone, I would dismiss it. But it wasn’t.

Those things don’t make him unstable or incapacitated Mad. They make him a bad president.

Finding out Putin has something on him, and compromises him. Finding out he has a mental illness…that would be what the 25th is for. But I don’t disagree with your assessment. :rofl:

“Finding out…”

That shipped sailed long, long, ago.

The point is. Those invoking have to have a diagnosis, or a strong belief that he is mentally unstable. Trump then can come back with his own proof, then back and forth until there is a final vote on it.

Section 4 . Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.[5]

1 Like

Guys, discussing the 25th is sedition.

And you know what? If the 25th were used, you better believe millions would rise up in armed rebellion against the constitutionally approved process! Totally not sedition or treason!

3 Likes

We are through the looking glass here people.

Translation: “We know Trump is nuts, but he’s our nut.”

There are going to be so many delicious books written about this farce of a presidency when Trump is gone.

The sooner the better.

Prove that legally. It cant be sedition if the constitution allows for it to be done. Your saying following the constitution is sedition. Id like to see your proof.

Hes not my nut.

2 Likes

Are you invoking violence???

Oh I don’t have to. Sneaky and Conan (and likely a voice on the radio) have said it, so it must be true.

1 Like

No.

If you think that the cabinet and the Congress can “toss him” just because they say he is unable to lead, you do not know the American people at all. Luckily the Congress and the cabinet do.

This was a fantasy hail-Mary thought by McCabe and Rosenstein. It would have NEVER passed muster with the Supreme Court, where it surely would have ended up - even if the Congress or a cabinet truly all wanted it and clearly they don’t.

M