Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

It absolutely was not. It won’t go before a jury because it’s not sedition.

1 Like

How irrelevant! Trump kept him around, and still does. And he was confirmed by a R senate majority. No skirting this one.

I’m sorry if that offends anyone.

Who decides which evidence is valid enough that the “plotting” isn’t sedition?

Is any discussion regarding whether evidence exists sedition? Is any discussion regarding whether the 25th applies sedition?

There’s a convenient dichotomy with some Trump supporters. On one hand they’ll whine about the will of the people, mob rule and wax philosophically about the original structure of the government which removed most of the government from any form of popular election because the people cannot be trusted to have too much power.

Then on the other hand they’ll fly into a mad rare that “unelected” bureaucrats can wield any form of power in the government.

All of them.

And I see my post about the impeachment of Andrew Johnson remains unanswered by the way.

1 Like

Careful - posting anonymously on an internet forum about how the 25th amendment might work may one day be considered “sedition.” :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

The evidence is all around us all. You just have to open your eyes and let go of your emotional investment in the man.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t video of ANY public appearance be admissible as evidence? Granted, he often claims to not have said what he was recorded on tape as saying, but I would think it still counts.

Seriously, even his innumerable gaffes and lies wouldn’t make him non compos mentis. But I don’t see in the language of the amendment where he must be physically or mentally incapacitated. He simply has to be “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office…”, and being wholly compromised by the Russians would certainly satisfy that condition. Reasonable people can disagree about whether he’s compromised.

BTW, the amendment doesn’t state that the Vice President has to come up with the idea, nor that a member of the DOJ or FBI can’t come up with it.

The 25th amendment doesn’t require “evidence”. It requires a majority of cabinet and a 2/3 majority of congress to simply will it.

2 Likes

Oh, I’m aware-even discussing the discussion has me worried. Us talking about the reasons for a potential invocation of the 25th amendment…that’s sedition.

2 Likes

Unless we’re elected or something. Then I think it’s less seditiony.

Yes he was. Rosenstein.

Not it is not in this case.

Yes, it does. Evidence of inability to perform duties.

But great post. Thank you.

If they were “just doing their duty!” Why are they lying about it?

Cite in the 25th amendment where evidence is required.

It requires a “why”.

https://community.hannity.com/t/andrew-mccabe-25th-amendment-was-discussed-by-justice-department-to-remove-trump-from-office/142099/905?u=party-free

I’ve enjoyed reading this thread. As I’ve said before, there are some really quality posters on this board. One can learn a lot.

4 Likes

The only times the 25th has been invoked was for illness and that was section 3.

Each and every time the reason was given.

Was Trump too sick to perform his duties? Was he undergoing a medical procedure? How was he unable to perform his duties?

He wasn’t. The seditionists just didn’t like the result.

They are traitors.