Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Not in these dire circumstances. Trump is the traitor and good Americans were being watchful. To see anything else in this illegitimate puppet is delusional.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The defense rests. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6

I hope this gets investigated, labeled for what it is and punished accordingly.

1 Like

Most likely the lies will win the day. The lies are too many and the liars are too prelific.

Yes they do. That isn’t a “special right” which seems to be a term you just made up.

Is voting against Trump treason?

Did their discussions say THEY would be the ones to invoke the 25th?

No…this is what the discussions were purportedly about.

that they discussed whether to recruit cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office.

And what is the text of 25-4?

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office…

Looks like the FBI knew they didn’t have the authority to invoke 25-4.

Some coup…

You are correct. Force is the key. That’s what I was looking for, thanks.

ETA, also a key word in that law is “or”. Conspire to overthrow doesn’t require the use of force in this instance. Talking about the 25th is one thing, but lobbying cabinet members to see if you have the votes for such an act is quite another. I’m wondering where the line is drawn.

1 Like

It would depend if they had the backing of Sessions and/or Coats.

Thank God adults are discussing the reckless words and actions of our President.

1 Like

Did they lobby anyone in the Cabinet? My understanding is that they merely discussed it amongst themselves and it never progressed out of internal discussion.

And even if they did raise the prospect with members of the Cabinet, I don’t see any statutes that would prevent them from such discussions.

Considering they ultimately did nothing, we will never know.

But the idea that merely discussing how to go about invoking 25-4 is “seditious”, “treason” or “a coup” is ludicrous…a complete abuse of the meanings of those words.

They didn’t have the votes, means to me that it progressed out of internal discussion.

I read that as they believed they didn’t have the votes after discussing each Cabinet member. Meaning it never progressed out of internal discussions. But even if it had, and they sat each Cabinet official down and asked them direct, there is no law against that which I am aware of.

Which is why I asked when does simply discussing the 25th cross the line into trying to invoke the 25th? Lobbying for votes? Counting votes? Where do you draw the line when an entity outside the cabinet is pushing the levers?

Why does it matter if it originates outside the cabinet?

The VP and top executive officials are the ones who ultimately would make the call to invoke 25-4.

Let me ask you a question.

When Congress impeached Andrew Johnson, they offered up a bunch of vague charges as their justification for doing so. The one particular they did offer…that Johnson violated the Tenure of Office Act by firing Stanton…wasn’t even true.

Had Johnson been convicted and removed from office, he would have been replaced not by someone who was aligned with him, but by Ben Wade, who was aligned with the very Radical Republicans who were leading the drive for impeachment.

Would this have been a coup?

No, he is not. I cannot believe the wailing and gnashing of teeth over this President, the undeserved hatred people are drumming up. We could have had a great four years…but people did not not want a great four years. It is not, What is wrong with President Trump, it is, What is wrong with us? We had better find out and face up to it.

What is your factual evidence for claiming “we could have had a great four years” or “the question is not what is wrong with Trump, but what is wrong with us”?

McCabe informed the Gang of 8 who was under investigation and why.

https://www.axios.com/andrew-mccabe-gang-of-8-fbi-trump-investigation-fc5d835f-fb33-41e7-bd72-814fdf56711b.html

That’s the important part here, no one objected. Not on legal grounds, not on constitutional grounds and not based on fact," he said.

Anyone remember that day Diane Feinstein and Chuck Grassley came out of an intel briefing looking like they’d both seen a ghost?

I’m pretty sure that was that day.

2 Likes

How is it sedition to discuss something Constitutional?

How is having people discuss a CONSTITUTIONAL process sedition?

3 Likes