Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

Welcome back friend!

Did that happen?

It seems to me that Washington D.C. was acting like an unhinged lunatic long before President Trump took office. So we must ask ourselves, was D.C. the unhinged lunatic in trying to unseat a duly elected President without an impeachment process?

1 Like

Not sure it would have been discussed under Reagan even if it was revealed before. I can’t say, though, I know the full extent he was unable.

There are several other options.

They haven’t jumped past anyone since they only brought up the subject. They were looking into it, and not making a final determination. As professionals in the government, they would and should have every right to do that as part of their job.

They have no more rights than anyone else. The term you are searching for is delegated authority. And in this case they do not.

Was it? Based on…

So you support the removal of a duly elected President by a cabal based on appearances?

They knew they didn’t have the power and it was unconstitutional so they went with Mueller route.

They didn’t have the votes.

Talking about whether or not the 25th Amendment needed to be reviewed by Cabinet members is hardly unconstitutional. It is in the actual constitution. And it was talk that never progressed beyond the discussion phase of inquiry.

2 Likes

They did it because he dared fire one of them.

If you say so.

It’s not if I say so, or you say so. It is what we know the facts to be at this juncture. Should the facts as known change, then maybe the discussion changes. But as of now, none of this was unconstitutional.

Justice and the FBI sought to originate a procedure that was not within their authority or jurisdiction. Isn’t that known as overreaching?

But see that begs the question…was Trump indeed “duly” elected?

They did not seek to originate anything. Where did you get that from? They had/have no power to invoke the 25th. They have every right in the world to discuss it though. They even have the right to bring up their concerns direct to the VP and the Cabinet, who could originate it if deemed necessary.

We’re they actually starting the process? If they had enough evidence to present to the cabinet and the VP, and they began 25th amendment processes, would that still be wrong in your opinion?

If he was colluding with the Russians that doesn’t make him incapacitated or unfit…it makes him a traitor.

And libs have no proof that he colluded.

FBI and CoJ are corrupt to the core…hiding behind eh law to commit sedition.

I wouldn’t say it was unconstitutional. However, it was hardly appropriate for these two agencies to be initiating such a discussion.