Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

“Discussing”. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you have something to say?

Are you under the impression I answer to you?

Short and cryptic is the name of the game…

2 Likes

Try talking to him instead of about him.

It wasn’t a “discussion.”

Do you believe the FBI has the right to declare a President incapacitated? The 25th Amendment appears to state that this should have its origination from the President, the Vice-President, the Cabinet, or the Speaker of the House. There is no mention of the FBI or the Justice Department at all.

Do you believe the FBI should be given the authority to jump past the Vice-President, the Cabinet, the Speaker of the House to become the originators of invoking the 25th Amendment on any President?

Why does it make sense?

It was appearing he was an enemy agent.

Welcome back friend!

Did that happen?

It seems to me that Washington D.C. was acting like an unhinged lunatic long before President Trump took office. So we must ask ourselves, was D.C. the unhinged lunatic in trying to unseat a duly elected President without an impeachment process?

1 Like

Not sure it would have been discussed under Reagan even if it was revealed before. I can’t say, though, I know the full extent he was unable.

There are several other options.

They haven’t jumped past anyone since they only brought up the subject. They were looking into it, and not making a final determination. As professionals in the government, they would and should have every right to do that as part of their job.

They have no more rights than anyone else. The term you are searching for is delegated authority. And in this case they do not.

Was it? Based on…

So you support the removal of a duly elected President by a cabal based on appearances?

They knew they didn’t have the power and it was unconstitutional so they went with Mueller route.

They didn’t have the votes.

Talking about whether or not the 25th Amendment needed to be reviewed by Cabinet members is hardly unconstitutional. It is in the actual constitution. And it was talk that never progressed beyond the discussion phase of inquiry.

2 Likes

They did it because he dared fire one of them.