Andrew McCabe: 25th Amendment was discussed by Justice Department to remove Trump from office

I have no problem knowing they discussed the 25th. I suspect they’ve discussed it far more times than just with Trump. I know it was tossed around during the Reagan years. You’re right in that it’s part of their job to make sure the President is acting with a sound mind. And no doubt Trump’s behavior has been a cause for that discussion.

I have no problem with them discussing it.

It is acting well within the framework of the Constitution.

Nope…its not illegal to talk about the idea…imagine what we dont hwar about inside those walls…

1 Like

Thank goodness for the free press that reports what we do know.

2 Likes

It was a coup orchestrated by the Deep State to undermine the Fair election of the greatest president who ever lived!!! MAGA!!!

In before someone else stole my thunder…

Why have this stuff in the Constitution if it is never to be contemplated?

2 Likes

See, your hyperbole is less bad than what the president said this morning on twitter.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1097473080253968384

This is why this conversation absolutely should be taking place regularly.

6 Likes

I mean when the President doesn’t get what the 25th Amendment is all about you know things are bad.

The 25th Amendment discussions wouldn’t be necessary if we didn’t have both a President who acts like an unhinged lunatic with failing faculties and a Republican party that is rotten to the core and unwilling to engage in even basic oversight.

But yeah, obviously discussing powers outlined the constitution is not an act of treason or improper. It’s not as if they were calling around trying to begin a coup or something.

1 Like

Go read about the stone indictment…he used multiple email addresses to transfer data with 2.0 and wiki…literally colluded to sway an election…

I’m surprised that this hasn’t drawn up a little more discussion from those who disagree. But it’s early yet.

“Discussing”. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you have something to say?

Are you under the impression I answer to you?

Short and cryptic is the name of the game…

2 Likes

Try talking to him instead of about him.

It wasn’t a “discussion.”

Do you believe the FBI has the right to declare a President incapacitated? The 25th Amendment appears to state that this should have its origination from the President, the Vice-President, the Cabinet, or the Speaker of the House. There is no mention of the FBI or the Justice Department at all.

Do you believe the FBI should be given the authority to jump past the Vice-President, the Cabinet, the Speaker of the House to become the originators of invoking the 25th Amendment on any President?

Why does it make sense?

It was appearing he was an enemy agent.

Welcome back friend!