An important vote getting little coverage is coming to Minneapolis in three weeks

Not sure they haven’t said much about how the public safety department will look. I got this from their page. I highly doubt they are abolishing the police department for just a name change.

“This amendment would create a Department of Public Safety combining public safety functions through a comprehensive public health approach to be determined by the Mayor and Council. The department would be led by a Commissioner nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council. The Police Department, and its chief, would be removed from the City Charter. The Public Safety Department could include police officers, but the minimum funding requirement would be eliminated.”

Their police department is broken and abolishing it might be the best option coupled with a new system. I think it’s a fascinating experiment, though I’m glad it’s far away from me. :blush:

Definitely something to keep and eye on.

For all we know it will be a bunch of carpenters who do nothing but build safe places. :wink:

Their police department is broken because the city council defunded it.

2 Likes

It’s been broken for years

That’s debatable. A couple of “bad shoots” does not mean a broken police department. More likely, it means broken leadership … Chief, Mayor, and DA.

After the riots in Minneapolis and St. Paul last year crime has skyrocketed.

It appears that the failed policies of Governor Tim Walz and mayors of the Twin Cities shows that ■■■■ is out of control and cannot to keep Minnesotans safe.

The Defund the Police policies are not keeping the people safe. With businesses shuttered and lives lost, it is clear the defund the police movement from the libs should be ■■■■ canned. We need to keep Minnesotans and the rest of America safe.

I don’t think that counselors would do anything at the bloodbath at that bar in St. Paul last night. 14 shot, one murdered in that bar shootout. The police are trying to do their job as understaffed as they are.

1 Like

On the other hand, the police would have caught those bullets mid air.

1 Like

This is always rich, cops always throughout their entire existence respond to calls for reform by just not enforcing the law very much for awhile and then blaming the people calling for reform as the cause of it.

1 Like

Lookie here Mr. Fller at the mayor’s comment,

“As our Saint Paul officers work to bring those responsible for these senseless acts into custody (after being racked through the muck by liberals and the Minnesota governor and mayors over the past year,) our work to build more proactive and comprehensive public safety strategies is more urgent than ever."

Please go sit down.

Your still mad because some peace officers beat you with billy clubs while you were “peacefully protesting.”

Thank you for your comments Mr. Lucchese.

You just be saying anything these days.

Update: Looks like the Police may have IDed and have some suspects now in custody, regardless of the defund the budget from the pony show administration. Police try very hard to do their jobs. They run toward the violence not away from it.

Not really some people are proud to be hit by police officers. Not sure where that fits with some people who told stories about being at protests and getting thumped. Most of the time police officers do not thump for sitting in a circle singing kumby ya…

I am being genuinely nice in my comments. And I am normally on point in my belifs and opinions. My position remains the same. I love my :us: country :us: , I love the :us: Flag :us: , I love law and order :balance_scale: , I love morals values and ethics.

Blue lives matter… All lives matter :policeman: :oncoming_police_car: :policeman: :balance

I doubt it. But it is your story and you can spin it any way you want.

How many have the social workers and drug councilors arrested? :wink:

1 Like

Like all lib government talk there’s not a damm thing concrete about that statement. The problem is lib ideology that views most cops as racist pieces of ■■■■ and view most if not all the people (depending on race of course) who commit crimes as good people who are largely victims of white supremacy, white privilege or systemic racism.

It’s all about defunding. The police force, if there is one, will be severely hamstrung and hardly effective if they exist at all.

Yep. Like that oh so tolerant Omar who represents them. Who gets a complete pass from the left on all her antisemitism.

1 Like