Amtrak's Big Lie

If they had the space sure lol. Hundreds of thousands of cars are parked at local train stations every day using thousands of acres of land that is not available once you get near the city.

If there had been a need they’d have made the space. If a need arises the space will be made even if it requires extending the lines out a ways to where the space is readily available.

At which point they become redundant

Public services do not need to be profitable.

1 Like

Perhaps.

So odd then, that he won’t release his tax returns. Out of character.

“Here they are! Read 'em and weep!” would be more in character for Trump.

1 Like

I’d love to take Amtrak around the country. Unfortunately no passenger train service from Cheyenne.

If you like to sleep in a bed and shower every day, the price quadruples lol. Worth every penny I would think, but not everyone is willing to pay a thousand dollars or more for a train ticket.

Here’s a review of a guy who took Amtrak from New York to San Francisco

https://futuretravel.today/what-it-s-actually-like-to-travel-3-400-miles-across-the-country-on-amtrak-59c9cc49dce3

No because that would be in the absence of AMTRAK.

Refer to my previous post.

1 Like

Not moved. Public services do not need to be profitable.

They do unless there is overwhelming political support for subsidizing them.

Says who?

Voters.

Exactly, and considering the voters even wanted an idiotic high speed train here in CA, I think the existing Amtrak is safe.

It doesn’t, but it sure as hell should properly account for how much public money is being spent to keep the service operational.

Property is interventionist, too, Safiel.

This is an ideological response, which is fine, but it should be recognized at that.