Americans deeply pessimistic about the state of the country and economy

Understood. And I don’t begrudge you that.

We’re in such a dumpster fire in this country right now. Many people are swirling with brainstorm ideas to figure a way out.

It’s sad that the situations is so bad that we’ve gotten to the point where such drastic ideas are looking increasingly viable.

Forum libs here will be rallying around Gavin Newsom…the media will make him out as savior of our country ills.

Newsom will be the head of your party ticket.

Buddabutt? Hillary? Harris? None of them stand a chance winning your party nomination.

1 Like

It’s pretty hard not to be pessimistic.

We live in a country where you have to refinance your house to afford a full tank of gas and sacrifice a limb to the elder gods to afford potatoes.

1 Like

I can’t make out how people who are just starting working are going to afford a place to live. I look at what I paid for a house eleven years ago and what they cost now and I don’t see it.

Potatoes have doubled since Biden become pres.

They won’t be able to.

I got extremely lucky that I got my trailer when I did. I bought it just before Covid. It was a repo (built in 2017) and I got it for 13,500 since I was able to get it before they moved it and reconditioned it. Did the small amount of work it needed myself for less than 7 grand. So 20,000 grand roughly into it.

Its not a full size single wide, but it’s perfect for me and my bachelor lifestyle. I also own two fairly young 16x80s that I rent out.

Crazy thing is, I went ahead and had my personal trailer (the cheapest one by far) appraised again a few weeks ago. I could sell it for almost 30 grand. Possibly more. The two 16x80s would sell for 55k each today, which is 15 grand more than I paid for either of them.

Houses are a million times worse. A cheap house these days is 200,000 grand. And that’s a tiny two bedroom. Rent is well over twice the monthly income now for the average 21 year old.

The only option is for people to either live in communal households or to stay with their parents. Because people can’t even afford ten year old 16x80 single wide trailers anymore. Much less a house of any kind.

3 Likes

Newsom is going to be the newest flavor of the year for sure and yes people will be rallying around him.

1 Like

the issue is that this was true for a while (not the trailer part) but unfortunately it was all about bootstraps and how dare 26 year olds be on their parents insurance up until recently. Now it’s a cudgel.

I was never opposed to it.

Being an older millennial who got a job with benefits early, I got lucky. The people just four years younger than me got royally screwed.

No matter what they did, they were going to get screwed. I got screwed slightly less.

Houses are worth something like 500% more than they were in the 1980s. Home ownership was never an option for the majority of millennials and Gen Zs.

Which is why I settled for trailers. Up until recently, the market was affordable. Of course they lose value over long periods of time, but renting them can stave off the loss of equity as long as you keep expenses low.

2 Likes

Yeah i wasn’t accusing you of such. It’s just this thread is an interesting perspective

But anyway i think gen z is def a little young for home ownership. Milenials are priced out for sure but i don’t know for how long. For some reason i am an eternal optimist.

There numbers are bad but not as bad as i think we think

Just 47.9% of U.S. millennials owned homes in 2020, according to Apartment List analysis of census data. At age 30, millennial home ownership hit 42%, compared with 48% for Gen Xers and 51% for baby boomers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-23/why-aren-t-millennials-buying-home-4-charts-explain

Damn it!

I think that’s a pretty good guess.

It is all relative. 60K 20 years ago is just as painful as 300K today.

Newsome won’t play outside of California and New York. Good luck running for President after your state just hiked gas taxes to punish the public even more, while simultaneously shutting down nuclear power plants to increase brownouts in the Golden State. If the nation thinks they have it bad under Biden, Newsome will make them suffer a hundred times worse - no progressive Democrat is fit to be President because progressivism is a failed ideology.

It should tell everyone just how pathetic this cluster ■■■■ of a presidency is that the prospect of president Kommie Kamala is the only real reason for the idiot Biden to maintain power.

Can we all agree that Biden’s cabinet is a disaster. Circle back psaki was the most competent person on Biden’s payroll. Mayorkas is a joke, Garland a partisan hack, granholm is a total loser, at least Yellen was honest enough to admit she’s a clueless idiot who could see the inflation all the rest of us knew was coming.

If Pete boot uhh judge is the best you’ve got them you’ve got nuthin’.

1 Like

Yes we will.

I actually still believe the democrats themselves will remove Biden.

Given the electoral annihilation libs are about the face it’s highly possible Joe’s handlers will tell him it’s time to head to the home either right before or right after the election “for the good of the party!”

1 Like

IMHO the liberal democrat left is destroying our civil society…

And more and more Americans are growing sick of those clowns.

2 Likes
1 Like

But that’s so sad though! :rofl:

1 Like

When I was a young adult, interest rates on a mortgage were double digits, 18 percent at one point.