American workers worse off in the first 18 months under Trump

I directly addressed the OP and made actual points. You simply don’t like the points I made.

Opinion Article! How Awesome! Liberals will always have the opinion that things are terrible under republican leadership, even with the best economy in 20 yrs.

I believe American workers for the most part are better off in this economy.

OK. What drives this belief?

I had to argue this point to my new boss’s boss’s boss’s boss’s boss in a town hall meeting. Unless I get a minimum 3% raise next spring, I’ll be taking an effective pay cut for the privilege of maintaining employment. Our raises are currently set at 1.5%.

1 Like

Consumer confidence index. I also see first hand with my paycheck.

you should know that anecdotes don’t disprove the evidence of aggregate data.

I wasn’t aware that the consumer confidence index was anecdotal? Also, I wasn’t aware that I was the only person who saw an increase in their paycheck as a result of the tax reductions. Finally, I have no earthly idea what nonsense you are peddling with your “aggregate data” comment???

Consumer confidence index is literally just how people feel. It tells you nothing about their wages.

Wouldn’t it stand to reason that if workers were really worse off they would be less confident in their future?

No, because people are ■■■■■■■ stupid.

If your wages grow by 2% in a year but inflation is 3%, are your wages higher or lower than a year ago?

Economy booming, unemployment low. What’s not to like.

I don’t have time to string this out because I have to go to work. Are your real wages higher or lower? What is your net purchasing power? What metric is better to measure how well American workers are than real wage growth or loss?

Higher. But your buying power decreased meaning your real wages dropped.

My paycheck is larger because of the tax decrease, not because of a wage increase. I’m better off, as are most working Americans.

Most Americans are better off when unemployment is low and the economy is good.

Forgot to add…if the idea that tax cuts work the way ppl think they do, it shouldn’t.

Doesn’t answer the question. Why not?

Because the prevailing theory is inflation happens because people have more real income to spend.

All this fabulously low unemployment is supposed to set off a bidding war for labor which then sparks the inflation.

That ain’t happening. The inflation is coming first.

Actually, you said this:

“Only if your wages are rising at a rate slower than the rate of inflation, which shouldn’t be happening at the “beginning” of a boom”

The “beginning” of a boom would correspond to the end of a recession. A time when unemployment is still relatively high so there is no pressure to increase wages.