AMERICA FIRST: Trump SLAMS EU, Canada, Mexico with STEEL Tariffs

Originally published at: AMERICA FIRST: Trump SLAMS EU, Canada, Mexico with STEEL Tariffs | Sean Hannity

President Trump announced Thursday his plans to levy hefty tariffs on steel and aluminum on key US allies, including the European Union, Canada, and Mexico; making good on a signature campaign promise to help shield American-made products from foreign goods.

Despite the initial plan to exempt North American nations from the tariffs, the administration unveiled the new guidelines after failing to win specific trade deals with both Canada and Mexico.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said the new taxes will be a 25% surcharge on steel and 10% on aluminum; adding the tariffs could be removed in future talks while renegotiating the North American Free Trade Agreement, or NAFTA.

“The European Union has already notified the World Trade Organization of plans to levy duties on $7.1 billion worth of U.S. exports in response, with the aim of collecting $1.6 billion in tariff revenue,” writes Politico.

“We continue to be quite willing and indeed eager to have further discussions,” Ross added.

So we’re going to try the trade war? OK, should be interesting to see the tax cuts erased for the middle class.

Back in 60s and early 70s when we had tariffs wages were going up, yes it was spark by unions but over all wages gone up which offered stronger middle class.

FYI…may want to merge all of these together into one thread?

Guess what?

It’s not the 1960s and 70s anymore.

Just a reminder.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA…

But you libs will cite a 1930 Smoot-Hawley tariff experience as evidence that tariffs are bad.

What a clown post!

Calling something a “clown post” without showing how it qualifies makes you look like a clown.

1 Like

but I did show.

You just can’t follow. Everyone else can though.

mexico has already announced their new tarrifs in response
flat steels (hot and cold foil, including coated and various tubes), lamps, legs and shoulders of pork, sausages and food preparations, apples, grapes, blueberries, various cheeses

europe will add tarrifs on american motorcycles among other things…

trump hurting trump voters…

Everyone else named Call_me_Ishmael?

they are hurting their own consumers.

so is America with steel tariffs.

are you here advocating for Canada’s benefit or Anerica’s benefits

tariff hurt everyone.

ah…I’m impressed… good dodge.

Is Ben Sasse a liberal?

These tariff’s will most certainly cause more harm than good to Americans.

name a social conservative position he has taken. Not saying he does not have any but just dont know off the top of my head. There are plenty of old timey conservatives that are nearly indistinguishable from libs. Maybe he’s one of those.

https://www.sasse.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/issues