America Can Get The Wall! No National Security Needed!

There is no perhaps about it. The border isn’t overseas

Trump supporters are just grasping at straws to show how powerful Trump is and will get what he wants… It’s the whole basis of his appeal…

Yes Trump is seizing a power not delegated to him.

Appropriations bills spell out where the money goes…and they originate in the House.

The President has no power to decide that suddenly they’ll go for some other purpose.

Especially a purpose that’s going to include getting hold of people’s private property (you should do some research into how poorly that’s been going at the border, btw…people going for long stretches of time without getting compensated for land the government took from them).

Also going to be a hard sell that it’s a “national emergency” when border crossings are near historical lows and the vast majority of people coming over are asking for asylum…something that a wall is not going to stop. And THERE the issue is not enough people to process asylum cases in an efficient manner…something Trump seems hell bent on ignoring in his push for “the wall” to placate his base.

Now I know in a few minutes you’re going to respond with some quick, empty reply and make me feel like the effort I put into this post will have been wasted…so have at it.

If there is no perhaps about it, and it is overseas, then it’s a mute
point on my part, and therefore it is pointless for you to continue to
debate with me about it.

Isn’t that correct?

So the border wall never goes into the Gulf of Mexico or anything like that?

Cause I remember seeing it in several different pictures, where it
was.

Wouldn’t that count as overseas?

Good lord… How long do you think a federal judge would put up with such a silly argument?

I guess it would depend on the Judge? If it was a Liberal leaning judge,
and a liberal speaking like the Clintons, than they’d be willing to put up
with anything.

If it were a Conservative Judge every action, every look, every motion they
would do would be under judgement, and sexist or racist or some kind
of ist, or phobia.

That’s how the two tier justice system, and politically correct equality works
in this country. Just ask Judge Kavanaugh.

Personally I like straws don’t you? Do you know if anyone is banning
straws at all?

Its “We the people” not “us the people” Good Lord.

Is this supposed to be serious?

So border crossings are at a historical low under Trump?

I wonder what they were under Obama, considering he told ICE to
go to different locations that weren’t heavily saturated statistically with illegal
aliens and refugees crossing the border.

Now I’m just curious, but why would any sitting president tell people protecting America
to go to a different area, when he knew that was a major area where
illegals use to cross on a regular basis? Especially, if the Democratic
Party are against illegal immigration, and care about it?

They were near historical lows under Obama as well.

Cheese & fries… SMH.

Yes, the border wall does extend for very short distances (i.e. meters) on our border into ocean. Why? Because a national border extends for 12 miles from land into the sea… that is their sovereign territory.

But that’s still our land. “Overseas”, generally means a foreign country… though at times it can specifically refer to countries that lie… wait for it… over seas. Crazy, eh?

So no, the portion of our border that goes into the oceans are not “overseas”…

Unbelievable that this lack of understanding even has a place in out political debates. Unreal…

1 Like

Could the OP please fix the title of this thread. Its painful to keep seeing.

Scroll down to the first graph here and you can see for yourself. Crossing under Obama were at historic lows. Under Trump, they continue to drop precipitously for about 2-3 months, then they’ve risen since.

Crazy how a guy who supposedly didn’t support protecting the border and didn’t care about illegal immigration somehow made those numbers decline without an archaic wall. I guess when he supposedly re-directed BP agents, they just happened to wind up in areas where they apprehended folks?

The President will figure this out. It’s just a matter of time.

:roll_eyes:

Prove it.

Good thing Mexico is paying for that wall.

2 Likes

It’s not.

Trump already told us the wall is being built. And he’s already bragged about how illegal crossings are at 45 year low. So we’re all good. At least according to Trump