America 1776-2020

“Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office,” Rubio wrote in a Medium post.

1 Like

1 out of 53 senators. That truely represents the “GOP” as a whole doesn’t it.

Got any more or is it just one GOP senator that has that opinion?

They’re basically saying he committed a crime, but the crime wasn’t enough to remove him from office, and I agree. No one should vote for this criminal in 2020, though.

You’re flailing to excuse criminal behavior.

1 Like

Not at all.

I’m addressing this line in the op.

One senator doesn not make up the entire GOP.

If that’s the case, then when one Senator or representative says something Stupid (AKA just about every other day for AOC and Warren) then they represent the Entire Dem party right?

You asked for one example and it was provided. :man_shrugging: Most GOP senators know how bad this looks for their party and are keeping their mouths shut. I give credit to Rubio for saying out loud what everyone knows.

1 Like

He was impeached, did I miss something?

“They” admitted no such thing. You are confusing “the GOP” with Rubio.
And saying that Rubio’s stupid statement “killed the USA” is pretty…mistaken…in itself.

To prevent this we must not allow elections to take place because we can’t be sure they will be fair.

No one knows it. Some think he did no wrong. Others think he did wrong but it did not equal an impeachable act. The latter was Alexanders reasoning for the deciding vote, and I think he was right.

NOt even alleged in the articles of impeachment. Alleging a crime would have required proving specific elements of a criminal statute. “Abuse of Power” just required we really really didn’t like what he did, to the degree of impeachment. Others thought what he did was ok or not ok but didn’t reach the level of impeachment…except for Rubio which he will have to justify.

Trump broke the law. The GOP senators all know this because it’s public knowledge, some are just more careful than others about the way they talk about it.

Who admitted it was impeachable?

Are they? Or is it your basically?

I certainly don’t think so, I think it’s Grrrreat!

1 Like

Wrong and criminal. Two different things.

They’re saying what he did was “inappropriate” days after the GAO found Trump broke the law. So, yeah, they’re saying he broke the law, just not an important one.

And? There is a bid difference between noncompliance with a civil statute regarding budget timings and “breaking” a criminal statute. I think using the term “broke the law” is pretty “careful” about the way one talks about it.

He broke the law to pressure a foreign government to investigate his political rival. But yes, without considering any context at all and speaking very carefully, one can make it sound like an ordinary budget crime.

Nevertheless, the GOP is arguing that Trump’s wrongdoing isn’t enough to remove him from office, and I agree. Voters should handle that.

Good Lord. “Inappropriate” and “crime” are the same thing in your world?

What’s your penalty for eating beef with a salad fork.

1 Like