Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

here’s what right wing whako NBC NEWS says:

“But three months of sustained opposition from state and local officials, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., finally drove Amazon to cancel its plan to build a new campus in Long Island City, across the East River from Manhattan — and put an end to potentially 25,000 jobs the move might have brought to New York City.”

““If you talk to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, it’s ‘Never Amazon,’” Seth said.”

jodi seth is amazon head of policy comms

influence from AOC? “nope. none. nada. zip”

lol. cute folks

1 Like

With this well THOUGHT out, reasoned argument against her you have convinced me. Yep, SHE’S a real childish moron that doesn’t know what SHE’S talking about.

Hard to say. It just says she was one of many voices. Certainly doesn’t say she’s a leader.

You’ve been watching too much brain dead hate AOC right wing media.

lol - The point was never that she along with local reps did not also voice concerns about the deal in it’s present form.

What you and Cuomo(although he named no one) are making up is that she and others were acting in “their” own interest somehow and not acting on behalf of the people that already live in that area who had concerns about the deal that they wanted addressed.

Now if you live in the area or have some sort of stake in this then please explain it, otherwise it looks like you are just throwing stones at one woman because… AOC.

But I love how you are a champion now for Cuomo and Seth from Amazon. lol

i m glad you finally see the light

nbc news?

i know that when posts begin with and end with “lol” i have won the argument

Good, maybe they will direct more resources to their new facility here in Ohio. We like jobs here.

NBC news doesn’t say what you’re saying.

It might if you read it through a thick film of Fox News indices bias.

Where in Ohio is there a pool of potential employees for them to draw on?

where did i quote fox news?

i said what nbc news said per quote

Too funny. I’m listening to Rush say that right now.

1 Like

You didn’t, but it is likely you just let them do the thinking for you.

You’ve said much more than the NBC quote, obviously.

and you dare not address what i quoted from nbc

fyi - i see why

I already did. You dare not admit it.

lol - I’m sure you do. lol

lol - Sorry, like I’m sure you… like do. lol

They are building a new fulfillment center between Springfield and Columbus

I like in Kirkland, Seattle rocks because of Amazon and has made this one of the most desirable cities to live in for job opportunities.

What is failed to recognize is the other businesses that move in because of Amazon is located here it would have been the same in NYC. Take Amazon and Microsoft out of Seattle and there would be an exodus leave.

Google announced a Billion dollar expansion in December.

They don’t need government goodies to be here.