Amazon cancels NYC headquarters because of political opposition

They seem to blame the NY Senate which she isn’t part of or has any control over.

Don’t get in the way of the knee jerk reaction here. AOC is the beginning, the middle and the end of all things.

Bam…

1 Like

people are really this scared of a 20 something former waitress with a twitter account eh.

We’re too old to believe in fairy tales and little princess.

Just remember folks…when the use of little princess takes off…remember where you heard it first. :rofl:

What does it say when corporations can pit state and local governments against each other to provide ‘incentives’ to bring entities to town?

I’m thinking Al Capone wished he thought of this.

If it was so bad why did 234 cities compete for Amazon, and why is Governor Cuomo freaking out about it calling it a huge loss for NY, because of a couple of radical politicians.

yes. lol. very much so

she has a huge sheep following and is beloved by the adoring “60 minutes” media plus has disastrous ideas

that is something to fear

1 Like

It says governments have too much power. Most prefer it that way, so here we are.

Dear republicans who think they are conservative but are just populists.

This was a corporate give away of the highest order. It is not the local governments role to buy jobs for some with the taxes of all.

Time for Wisconsin to wise up with FoxCon now.

It does bring the NFL to town.

Saying it might not be the best thing for the neighborhood in it’s current form is not saying it’s “so bad”. 234 cities competed because Amazon played them, lol. They very likely only had two or three possibilities in mind but what a great way to try and get leverage. I’m glad the local politicians know their true worth.

And I’m sure that Cuomo wasn’t going to get ANY kind of kick back from this deal at all. :rofl:

We refused to play here. We showed them where they could go, they said they wanted us to build them a train. Nope nope nope.

Meanwhile, Google just came right in and found a brand new skyscraper and signed a lease. Easy peasy, welcome to town.

2 Likes

I wasn’t complaining as much as I was trying to answer your question. People vote for their local governments and cede them the power they feel appropiate. That corporations can use that to their advantage is hardly the fault of the corporations.

she has a following. she influences opinions

she put her own self interests ahead of the community. Like Cuomo said himself (a democrat, btw)

1 Like

There seems to be a corporate driven aspect as well though.

It seems us poor taxpayers are at the mercy of what the two (corps & govs) decide is best.

Youre missing a real big point here.

The people who live there dont want Amazon to come.

Ignoring not missing. The point here is to bash AOC because of what she represents.