Alyssa Milano protests the NRA surrounded by armed guards

How long do you think the SS would be able to keep more than a handful of suicidal agents if they didn’t disarm the crowds surrounding their protectees?

Hell they nearly stroked out of the Bush’s and Cheney hunting with friends and armed guides and handlers. To even be in the same pasture with them armed you had to go through a background check and interview process more rigorous than is requires for a TS clearance.

You know what he meant.

1 Like

Hell, I even said as much in the post he responded to.

It’s mind boggling sometimes.

Did you not post this?

Are you seriously suggesting that government agents (military, LEO, or otherwise) carrying guns into a venue but forbidding ordinary citizens from doing so means it is not a gun free zone?

Yes, except for the hundreds of armed agents and police it would have been a “gun free zone”.

Let’s examine the two key words.

Gun.

Free.

What do you have when you put the two together?

The absence of guns. Correct?

A school is considered a gun free zone, even with the presence of an SRO, so I’m not sure what they hell you are harping on about.

My god man.

There’s your typical game of parsing, and then there’s just silliness.

But yes, you are absolutely right. Government agents had guns in that venue, therefore it was NOT a gun free zone. :roll_eyes:

According to who?

Words have actual meanings, so do phrases.

Lets start with the sign outside every school in the district I live in that states it is a gun free zone…even though every school has an armed SRO.

Let’s see the signs.

This just shows the complete ignorance/stupidity of the gun huggers in this country.

No matter how many times you tell dumb ■■■■■ like the guy in the video or those that admire him that people can support responsible gun ownership and use, while still trying to argue for the improvement of gun laws and the enforcement of existing laws they just can’t ■■■■■■■ grasp it.

If a high school kid can’t run down to the store during lunch and buy an ar-15 then ■■■■■■■■ like him and his supporters just can’t sleep easy at night.

You have lazy idiots making your signs then.

The argument from the NRA and 2nd Amendment advocates was that we should eliminate gun free zones by providing adequate numbers of SRO’s and/or armed faculty and staff and you folks went ballistic over it.

We never argued that where same was to be found is considered a gun free zone.

Now, look closely at your sign.

Do you see the word “violators”?

Authorized armed staff, SRO’s, and security are not violating.

Gimme a ■■■■■■■ break.

They called it a gun free zone. Deal with it.

Have you only recently crawled out from under your rock? I have to ask because you certainly have no grasp of what my side has been arguing for over the last several decades.

We’ve been arguing For better security, enforcement of existing laws, and improving/passing new laws regarding reporting for years.

Whoever “They” are may have, we certainly haven’t.

Unfortunately, they are the ones that get to determine that status.