Allegiance - Truth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/552686/

Like most bureaucratic institutions, the FBI’s primary loyalty is to its own interests, and when it intervenes in politics, that tends to be in its own service.

Now there’s some truth from February 2018.

1 Like

Can we agree this was all, including the investigations and reports, intervening in politics?

Tribal epistemology

Excellent! Except there is a long history…

If they’re on a crusade, you can bet it’s in their interest, first and foremost.

Shrug…you wanted to ignore the New York office going after Hillary in favor for what you wanted to hear and see.

So I dont care. People are allowed to have opinions that are political. What you are aiming for here isnt the same thing as what happened. But ty for the rehash in an attempt to show you are right. You arent.

Pretty good article, huh?

Not sure.

Why not?

Well, it’s an opinion piece. It could have merit. I just don’t really know. That’s why I said “not sure.”

Reading this article underscores the fact that FBI employees like the vast majority of employees of any organization do not let politics influence their work.

The texts between these two individuals when read in their entirety paints a picture of pretty banal and ordinary conversations.

The truth is most people dont give a dam about politics, sure they will bitch and moan about politicians or have a passing conversation but thats it. Why would indivduals working for the FBI be any different?

I am not sure where this idea came from that anyone in government or working for a government agency cannot have a political opinion or even a political preference, and everything they do or say is fueled by politics.

That was the impression I got reading the article. It’s how I would discuss politics with some of my friends, we despise most politicians.

I am intrigued by the premise of the article, and i find myself agreeing that like most institutions and organizations, survival is key.

The problem I have, is looking at the mess right now, i don’t see a vast conspiracy to take down trump. Look at the man’s history, everything he touches falls apart.

There is no conspiracy and never has been. Its just easier for those who support Trump to believe that everything Trump does wrong is not his fault but part of some wider conspiracy.

We are seeing that in the thread about the DOJ report. This is Trumps DOJ but because the report does not validate their own world view then there has to be a deeper conspiracy at play. We have seen comments from other posters that the report cannot be trusted because they never interviewed this person or that person.

I understand.

I will tell you this, it aligns quite nicely with things I saw in the government and it is taught.

So you expect that the FBI employees have zero political leanings when conducting the duties of their position?

I don’t expect that, however I do expect that their are checks and balances in place to ensure that investigative decisions are made according to the evidence and not political opinion.

No dispute.

Not at all. I expect them not to plot and scheme on them and I expect them to recuse themselves when they need to.

I also expect them to not diddle the office help. I find it amazing that people believe they had the self control to set aside that level of bias when they didn’t have enough to keep their hands off of each other.

Agreed. That’s why there needs to be checks in place to identify bias. Seems like the FBI had those checks and also identified areas of process improvement.

How? The bias wasn’t caught.

Their process is operator-dependent.

How do you think Page got selected for the Mueller team? You think Mueller didn’t know about them? I read somewhere they were warned long prior.

You think McCabe et al didn’t know?