All religions (or lack thereof) are equally valid

I so many ways Judaism makes more sense than some of the corruptions that some forms of Christianity has become

Yep i give them credit for that.

You seem to like you know the answers, why not just directly answer them?

"It is easy for a sticky hand to adhere, and hard to awaken from deep dreaming. Some people seal up a text and restrict its sense, declaring their own personal understanding of it to be right.They vie with others to seize tiles and pebbles, thinking they are baubles of lapis luzuli.Even the most familiar things and explicit statements they fail to understand; how could they not but err when it comes to the abstruse principle and hidden teaching? This is why it is necessary to discuss “the returning to the purport.”

–Chih-I 7th century China, Mahayana Buddhist Priest of Tien-tai mountain,

Literalistic thinking is as common amongst those of incorrigible disbelief, as it is amongst the common person developing faith and believing expedient means. This is natural. One disputes, the other has pure faith and becomes enlightened.

More often than not, people confuse spirituality with religion.

1 Like

The fallacies and arrogance are breath taking.

While Protestant belief that each individual can read and come up with his/her very own interpretation is humbleness itself. Jews are correct. Scripture is intended to be studied, not read.

There are so many fallacies in that post i wouldn’t know where to start. The rudeness and arrogance toward Christians came through loud and clear though.

You can’t influence anyone with that.

First, there are no fallacies and I dare you to name just one. Nor am I being rude or arrogant, simply stating facts based on long years of study. I am sorry you don’t care for different views or perspectives–I kind of like them.

We’re too far apart to even start. You think you are right and I know I am right (also many years of study over 50 years in fact)

So there we are.

Global flood happened ~13,000 years ago. The oral traditions that became the book of Genesis and its account of the Deluge is rooted in ancient Sumerian culture, which came at least 5-6,000 years after the catastrophe.

If it matters to you, I more than match you on your years of study. What matters more, is that I am presenting what I have been taught–not my own opinions–and what I have been taught can be backed up by scripture, language, culture, history. Nor am I ever about telling anyone they are wrong. I am simply raising points, drawing attention to another perspective, most usually the historical perspective.

With all your years of study, you can’t start? I am thinking you could if it truly mattered. Or, you could bring up a place or point where you would like to start. Truly, I am not that hard to get along with–unless you begin to tell me what I “really” think or mean.

Plato captured a flood concept in his Critias. While Noah lived in the Mediterranean basin just before the Pillars of Hercules gave way and when they did it likely took decades or longer to flood the basin. In those days nobody had ventured beyond the pillars and the area around the basin was the known world.
Noah observed the basin slowly flooding and built his boat.
Others did not believe him and did not build boats.
The stories that followed brought the vengeful anthropomorphic god of the Sinai into the picture as cleansing the riff raff.
This could also account for the sinking of Eden which was interpreted as Atlantis.

Meri is Catholic. Catholics are Christians. Your attempt to separate Catholics from Christians is also pretty rude and out comes through loud sand clear.

So. Come on. Let’s discuss one of those fallacies you perceive. Just one. Any one of them.

Catholics are Christians. So are the Orthodox.

1 Like

Which ways of worship (religions) aren’t man-made?

Someone will say Christianity. After all, God incarnate in the flesh came to earth and created it.

I couldn’t find Christianity in the Bible.

How can we be sure we are not guilty of this:

Mark 7:7 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’ 8 You leave the commandment of God, and hold fast the tradition of men." 9 And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God, in order to keep your tradition!

Why only one? More than one can be correct. Or they all can be wrong. Or they can all have truths as well as errors.