All religions (or lack thereof) are equally valid

There is no verse for it which is why i am challenging you to provide it.

You don’t know what Peter wrote? He wrote 2 of the books in the Bible.

That the 5th century church leaders no longer adhered to the original NT scriptures shows a dangerous drift away from the Bible.

That’s why there eventually was a demand for reform and when that didn’t work a restoration movement back to the Bible.

yes. there is.

Interesting! Peter wrote his two letters in Greek, after his death! I don’t doubt that the information came from the Petrine Church, and does contain information that Peter, himself, spoke.

Which New Testament scriptures do you think the Fifth century church no longer adhered to?

That would require a novel the size of war and peace to answer. How about 1 thing at a time.

The idea of a pope is an easy one there’s a good starting place.

The 1st century church appointed Elders (plural) in every church. Not singular and certainly no hint of 1 man above all else.

Acts 14:23 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.

Instituted by Jesus in scripture.

Book chapter verse? There is no mention of a pope.

No. but as I said before, the position is described. Call it what you will

Nonsense. If there were such a position the Apostles and other writers of the Bible would have mentioned it. Even Peter is silent as the tomb on the subject.

What is told us is that they appointed elders in every church.

It isn’t quibbling but rather an important point.

The writings of the catholic church can’t be taken at face value. Not at all.

They didn’t need to. Jesus did and they recorded that.

Book, chapter, verse? In other words prove it.

When I do you’ll simply deny my interpretation and supply your own.

Here’s the thing and I’ve said it before. Your faith is fully bible based. So is Catholicism. The way the bible is written, to deny this is naive ignorance. To assert that Catholic beliefs do not have scriptural backing is delusional.

Many catholic beliefs obviously do not have scriptural backing but rather man made tradition instead.

I suspect a lot of the rituals during things like the mass are a fall back to some of the jewish religion to be honest.

Once again, were you to honestly investigate it, you would discover you are wrong and there is scriptural support for all elements of the mass.

Already have and there isn’t. Just because a priest tells you something does not make it so.

That’s another thing, where is the mass mentioned or described in the Bible?

I might add that the many evil deeds of the catholic church over the years should be a clue as well.

The Inquisition for example is certainly no example of scriptural teaching or that of Jesus either.

Then you weren’t honestly looking at it.

Where is mass mentioned?

Matthew 18:20 ESV / 480 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

Matthew 18:19 ESV / 434 helpful votes
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

James 5:16 ESV / 200 helpful votes
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV / 178 helpful votes
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV / 146 helpful votes
If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Matthew 18:19-20 ESV / 135 helpful votes
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

James 5:14-15 ESV / 130 helpful votes
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.

Romans 12:12 ESV / 118 helpful votes
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Colossians 4:2 ESV / 112 helpful votes
Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

Romans 15:5-6 ESV / 111 helpful votes
May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 2:42 ESV / 82 helpful votes
And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

James 1:5 ESV / 76 helpful votes
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Luke 9:28 ESV / 70 helpful votes
Now about eight days after these sayings he took with him Peter and John and James and went up on the mountain to pray.

Luke 1:37 ESV / 68 helpful votes
For nothing will be impossible with God.”

Matthew 6:5-20 ESV / 57 helpful votes
“And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. …

Romans 8:28 ESV / 53 helpful votes
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

2 Corinthians 1:11 ESV / 40 helpful votes
You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.

Acts 12:12 ESV / 38 helpful votes
When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.

Psalm 133:1 ESV / 36 helpful votes
A Song of Ascents. Of David. Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!

Colossians 3:16 ESV / 34 helpful votes
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Acts 2:1-47 ESV / 34 helpful votes
When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance. Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. …

Acts 12:5 ESV / 33 helpful votes
So Peter was kept in prison, but earnest prayer for him was made to God by the church.

Acts 1:13-14 ESV / 32 helpful votes
And when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James. All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

Matthew 5:44 ESV / 31 helpful votes
But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Ephesians 6:18 ESV / 30 helpful votes
Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

Acts 1:14 ESV / 30 helpful votes
All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV / 27 helpful votes
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Acts 1:13-15 ESV / 27 helpful votes
And when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot and Judas the son of James. All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers. In those days Peter stood up among the brothers (the company of persons was in all about 120) and said,

Mark 11:24 ESV / 25 helpful votes
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV / 21 helpful votes
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV / 18 helpful votes
Pray without ceasing,

1 Timothy 2:8 ESV / 17 helpful votes
I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

1 John 5:14 ESV / 16 helpful votes
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us.

Romans 15:30 ESV / 16 helpful votes
I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf,

Ecclesiastes 4:12 ESV / 16 helpful votes
And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

James 5:14 ESV / 15 helpful votes
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

James 4:3 ESV / 15 helpful votes
You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.

Matthew 18:1-35 ESV / 15 helpful votes
At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, …

Matthew 6:7 ESV / 15 helpful votes
“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Matthew 6:6 ESV / 15 helpful votes
But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Psalm 145:18 ESV / 15 helpful votes
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

1 Chronicles 16:11 ESV / 15 helpful votes
Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!

Hebrews 10:24-25 ESV / 14 helpful votes
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

1 Peter 3:7 ESV / 13 helpful votes
Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Joel 2:28-30 ESV / 13 helpful votes
“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit. “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke.

1 John 5:14-15 ESV / 12 helpful votes
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

1 John 3:22 ESV / 12 helpful votes
And whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

James 1:7 ESV / 12 helpful votes
For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;

James 1:6 ESV / 12 helpful votes
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

Matthew 7:7 ESV / 12 helpful votes
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

1 John 5:15 ESV / 11 helpful votes
And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 ESV / 11 helpful votes
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Acts 4:31 ESV / 11 helpful votes
And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness.

Proverbs 15:29 ESV / 11 helpful votes
The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Psalm 27:1-2 ESV / 11 helpful votes
Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.

Revelation 1:1 ESV / 10 helpful votes
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John,

Colossians 1:3 ESV / 10 helpful votes
We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you,

1 Corinthians 1:1-31 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— …

Acts 16:25 ESV / 10 helpful votes
About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them,

Acts 4:24 ESV / 10 helpful votes
And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them,

Acts 4:1-37 ESV / 10 helpful votes
And as they were speaking to the people, the priests and the captain of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them, greatly annoyed because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection from the dead. And they arrested them and put them in custody until the next day, for it was already evening. But many of those who had heard the word believed, and the number of the men came to about five thousand. On the next day their rulers and elders and scribes gathered together in Jerusalem, …

Luke 18:1 ESV / 10 helpful votes
And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

Luke 6:12 ESV / 10 helpful votes
In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.

Matthew 26:41 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Matthew 6:9-13 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Jeremiah 29:12 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.

Isaiah 8:1-22 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Then the Lord said to me, “Take a large tablet and write on it in common characters, ‘Belonging to Maher-shalal-hash-baz.’ And I will get reliable witnesses, Uriah the priest and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah, to attest for me.” And I went to the prophetess, and she conceived and bore a son. Then the Lord said to me, “Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz; for before the boy knows how to cry ‘My father’ or ‘My mother,’ the wealth of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria will be carried away before the king of Assyria.” The Lord spoke to me again: …

Psalm 66:17 ESV / 10 helpful votes
I cried to him with my mouth, and high praise was on my tongue.

Psalm 18:6 ESV / 10 helpful votes
In my distress I called upon the Lord; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

Colossians 4:3 ESV / 9 helpful votes
At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ, on account of which I am in prison—

Acts 9:40 ESV / 9 helpful votes
But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.

Acts 4:23-31 ESV / 9 helpful votes
When they were released, they went to their friends and reported what the chief priests and the elders had said to them. And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them, who through the mouth of our father David, your servant, said by the Holy Spirit, “‘Why did the Gentiles rage, and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers were gathered together, against the Lord and against his Anointed’— for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, …

Luke 1:10 ESV / 9 helpful votes
And the whole multitude of the people were praying outside at the hour of incense.

Deuteronomy 32:30 ESV / 9 helpful votes
How could one have chased a thousand, and two have put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had given them up?

1 Peter 4:7 ESV / 8 helpful votes
The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.

Ephesians 6:4 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Ephesians 4:6 ESV / 8 helpful votes
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

1 Corinthians 7:5 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 2:1-16 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. …

Acts 6:6 ESV / 8 helpful votes
These they set before the apostles, and they prayed and laid their hands on them.

Luke 10:19 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.

Mark 1:35 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.

Matthew 26:39 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

2 Chronicles 7:15-19 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place. For now I have chosen and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will be there for all time. And as for you, if you will walk before me as David your father walked, doing according to all that I have commanded you and keeping my statutes and my rules, then I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father, saying, ‘You shall not lack a man to rule Israel.’ “But if you turn aside and forsake my statutes and my commandments that I have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them,

1 Kings 8:54 ESV / 8 helpful votes
Now as Solomon finished offering all this prayer and plea to the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, where he had knelt with hands outstretched toward heaven.

Acts 21:5 ESV / 7 helpful votes
When our days there were ended, we departed and went on our journey, and they all, with wives and children, accompanied us until we were outside the city. And kneeling down on the beach, we prayed

John 3:16 ESV / 7 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 8:1-2 ESV / 6 helpful votes
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.

John 3:16-17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Esther 4:15-17 ESV / 6 helpful votes
Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.” Mordecai then went away and did everything as Esther had ordered him.

James 5:14-16 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Philippians 4:6 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Ephesians 4:13 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ,

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV / 5 helpful votes
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Acts 13:1-3 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a member of the court of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off.

John 3:1-36 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. …

Amos 3:1-15 ESV / 5 helpful votes
Hear this word that the Lord has spoken against you, O people of Israel, against the whole family that I brought up out of the land of Egypt: “You only have I known of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities. “Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet? Does a lion roar in the forest, when he has no prey? Does a young lion cry out from his den, if he has taken nothing? Does a bird fall in a snare on the earth, when there is no trap for it? Does a snare spring up from the ground, when it has taken nothing? …

Ephesians 4:32 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Ephesians 1:18 ESV / 4 helpful votes
Having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,

1 Corinthians 3:9 ESV / 4 helpful votes
For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field, God’s building.

Had no one in your church comitted evil? Your congregation is sinless? Remarkable. And unbiblical.