Alabama Senate passes total abortion ban, punishing providers with up to 99

This is a lie. Stop repeating it. It’s grotesque.

Denying a 12-year old victim autonomy to defend her own body is inhumane. Denying a 12-year old victim the self-determination to decide what is best for her body, her life, her health is inhumane.

It’s tragic when any unborn baby dies. But a human does not have the right to inhabit another human’s body. A human does not have the right to put another human in danger, taking their bodily resources and imposing permanent physiological changes.

1 Like

This law certainly benefits Roy Moore if he wants to procreate.

Looks like the Founding Fathers of Gilead.

I’m actually not a fan of abortion and feel it should not be used as a means for birth control, but that’s me. I’m not qualified or in the position to tell a woman what to do or not to do in this regard. I know one thing, if men were able to get pregnant we would be having abortions in barbershops.

It’s all laughs and giggles until one of these politicians experience a situation when they get their mistress pregnant or one of their close love ones is raped/sexually assaulted or God forbid have relations with a minority. I guarantee they will be the breaking their neck to pay for an abortion.

Now, I wonder…will the government increase programs for low-income single mothers? Are people willing to adopt unwanted babies? I also wonder how the racist folks feel, all this going to do is increase OUR numbers and speed up your journey in becoming the minority. Good luck with that.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. What’s next, handmaidens used for procreation?

Nope… no increase in any of those funds.

And they will argue that there shouldn’t be any funding towards access to birth control.

It’s like they don’t want to actually reduce the numbers of unwanted pregnancy or something.

And Alabama is one of the worst states for children to be raised in considering health care and education.

Yup, this is the red meat for the christian base. That’s the strategy.

when teh courts toss this they should do t things.

1. order that a judge has to sign off on any ne abortion law in teh state since they seem deterined to block womens civil right.s just like used to be done with voting laws

2. make the legislators that voted for a clearly unconstitutional law personally financially liable for any costs imposed on woman due to the law.

and for those that claim thats illegal so is trying to deprive a woman of her rights

Under this idea, a state could remove the right of different ethnicities to vote in an upcoming important election. They would know that it is illegal, but pass it anyways and let the court block the law. By then, it could have impacted the election.

There probably should be a penalty for passing laws you know are illegal.

2 Likes

These people aren’t pro-life, they’re pro-birth.

Simple as that.

1 Like

This!
They don’t give a crap once out the womb.

2 Likes

Red meat indeed…they LOVE having patriarchs controlling women’s bodies.

And then, anything after that is…meh.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder, how can one claim to be pro-life, but be okay the death penalty, the killing in war, and they have to be okay with mass shootings/killings since none of them are willing to do anything about it?

Once the child is born, it’s on its own.

And with no exception for incest. Well, it is Alabama after all…

2 Likes

I’m a lefty who would, on some level, like to see Roe overturned.

Such an act might return American conservatism and the Republican Party to their roots, uncomplicated by such a dicey moral/spiritual issue. Small government, less taxation, personal self reliance, strong defense, gun rights, etc.

Then the two parties and ideologies can engage in real debate on public policy rather than who owns patriotism, whose more Christian, identity politics and other such vagaries.

Because the rapist is just guilty of creating a new life. The provider of the abortion is guilty of ending a life.

Most conservatives lost the ability to feel shame years ago…

1 Like