Airline Bailout

So last year, 2018 wasn’t normal? How about 2015? How about 2012?

That is an appalling idea.

1 Like

as i said in my post, i’d say the last 1-2 years of obama and the first 3 of trump were actually pretty normal.

I’d also say a large portion of the clinton era was normal, and we did essentially erase the deficit by the end of that.

Then, Bush Era, not normal. Obama era, mostly not normal.

So normal is decresing the defecit? That the only marker?

This is because Bills are written by lobby groups. Not figuratively, but literally - that is how bill are written. Each lobby group writes the actual bill they want and then some intern cuts and paste things together.

When a bill is written and passed that is 800 pages in less then 2 weeks written by dozens of lobby groups - you are going to have things that don’t flow well.

1 Like

Without airlines, what happens to hotels and restaurants? Hawaii?

Great post. And the pols never read them.

War…

Then we havn’t had normal since at least 9-11. we’ve been in the “war on terror” since that time with no end in sight.

Ok, got it. But why an 80% threshold, why not 140%? I would like to see a bit more of a deduction to help out the little guy.

no.

Normal is no 9/11, no great recession, no corona virus, no gulf war.

I want everyone to have skin in the game.

Even if it’s 20% of your income, everyone should pay a little in taxes. Hell I’ll even go up to 90% of federal minimum wage deduction.

The odds of my plan ever being implimented are about the same as scientists finding gold in human sweat.

Nothing stopping you from paying extra. You know, walk the walk