Ahmaud Arbery Case

They should ALL be repealed! The potential for abuse is infinite.

2 Likes

I agree.

But I think you’ll get some pushback on that from the right.

1 Like

There were riots before the arrests were made. Lib troublemakers don’t need much of or a consistent excuse to riot. For example, why are they threatening to riot if Kyle Rittenhouse gets off?

2 Likes

The guidelines, as you might call them, are written into the laws.

But Georgia’s law is (was) particularly ambiguous, and hard to interpret - exactly how you’d want a law governing vigilante behavior to be.

Do you know all the details in this case. I watched the video and heard some of the son’s testimony, but that’s about it.

I’ve followed it.

There was a thousand or so post thread on it, last year. I’ll try to find the link.

Edit: found it.

I don’t think those guys should get off at all. They need to go to prison.

Their behavior gave Arbery the right to defend himself, not themselves.

That said, trying to defend yourself against multiple armed men while unarmed is not a wise decision, but he had the right to try.

7 Likes

I am not interested in this case. That young man should not have been confronted as he was…even with video of him trespassing.

That was a matter for PD.

1 Like

Lots on righties were on their side before they found out the facts.

Once the facts came in, then the right becomes strangely silent.

Allan

2 Likes

Unlike those threatening violence over Rittenhouse.

Get off your high horse.

Patience and facts are good.

1 Like

Rittenhouse obviously is a more complicated case.

Did he reasonably fear for his life?

That’s the crux of the case.

Boy I am glad I am not a juror in that case.

It was chaos that night in Kenosha.

Allan

…and I might be one of the rioters? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Especially when there are people on the Left threatening violence if they don’t get the verdict they want. Welcome to America’s new justice system!

2 Likes

We are not going to let that happen.

We are going to get a firm grip back on the law and legislature.

The D and anarchists have over stepped.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. When I first watched the video I thought the father was the one who fired the shots. How stupid was it for the son to get out of the truck with his shotgun! Do you know if his lawyer recommended taking a plea deal?

In my opinion, given the circumstances, even before the guys got out of the truck, Arbery was in a life-or-death situation. (Or, at a minimum, he was about to get beaten within an inch of his life.) He had more than a right to try. He had no other choice.

4 Likes

Listening to the trial while out running an errand for my wife and my opinion is he is handling the cross from the prosecution fairly well.

That said, I heard yesterday while on the road that he had “some law enforcement training” in the Coast Guard. I think in HIS mind he was justified BUT legally he was not.

The defendant was doing what he felt was protecting his neighborhood, problem is, he crossed the line when he approached the victim.

I don’t think his INTENTIONS were to hunt the victim down to find, and kill him initially. But when he grabbed his shotgun, he crossed the line from protecting to criminal actions and should be convicted. The moment he got out of the truck with his shotgun he became the aggressor and ANY claim of self-defense is now gone.

2 Likes

There are many videos on rittenhouse. and many witnesses.

Arbery case not so much. But from what I saw in video, the 2 guys need to go to prison. Even if their initial intention may be good.

1 Like

The facts in this case are pretty straightforward though and not disputed (as far as I know). The father and son felt they needed to catch up to Arbery because they believed he may have broke into someone’s property and ask him questions. They persisted on following him even though he had no interest in talking with them. They eventually got ahead of him and blocked his path with their truck and the idiot son got out of the truck with his shotgun. A fight ensues during which the son shoots Arbery and kills him. Just a whole lot of stupid that led up to this incident.

1 Like

The DA got him to admit that Arbery tried multiple times to run away from them. And she also got him to admit that multiple times he could have broken off the chase. I believe she painted a good picture of him wanting a confrontation.

2 Likes