Agencies that need funding after midnight tonight

This will truely be a partial shut down. here are the departments that need funding:
Departments of Agriculture
Commerce
Justice
Homeland Security
Interior
State
Transportation
Housing and Urban Development

That means: Military fully funded. Health and human services (aka social security and disability - funded.)

Just so you have an idea of what might be shutting down over the weekend. yes I’m that confident in a spending bill being passed tonight. I exept shutdown of these agencies until after Christmas.

The world is not going to end and life will go on. Lived through many of these both as an employee and a civilian.

People need to quit hyperventilating every time this happens.

Don’t worry. All those on furlough will still get paid back the money. I bet they are all sitting at home saying “Thanks Trump for the extended paid vacation”

Ya especially now that it’s a GOP president in office

No one said the world will end and that life would be over. Do you remember the gnashing of teeth by your peeps when military memorials were shut down during the Obama administration?

I didn’t do that.

In fact my recommendation was each week of the shut down to find more non-essentials that could be shut down.

Some people here must not watch the news channels they say they do. LOL

You would think it was armageddon just around the corner.

I’ve got a feeling it’s gonna last a while. Trump is cornered and there is little that will help him save face. Schumer knows he holds all the cards and can just wait him out. Pelosi will pass a clean CR in January and the heat will be on. I give it till mid January.

I remember. Some folks were wailing, tear their own hair out, and tossing themselves down the stairs.

Total theater on Obama’s part.

For example, open air parks and national monuments, places without doors or gates, where people are allowed to visit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, have been barricaded off. In addition, none of these D.C. memorials were closed during the last government shutdown in 1995-1996 under the Clinton Administration. The Obama Administration’s closing of these sites is not something they are required to do; it’s something they are CHOOSING to do. The Obama Administration wants the effects of this government shutdown to be as painful as possible.

(Oct. 4, 2013) — On Friday morning, Rep. Steve Stockman tweeted that the Obama regime ordered the closing of U.S. military cemeteries in Europe attributable to the partial government shutdown.

Stockman said that in 17 previous partial shutdowns, overseas military cemeteries have never been ordered closed.

Stockman’s assertions are supported by media reports.

The guy was a vindictive ■■■■■■■■ He closed things that have never been closed before during previous shutdowns.

THAT is why people were rightfully pissed off. I don’t expect liberals to see what is black and white to the rest of the world.

So it should be called the Schumer government closing?

I actually supported what he did. I even think a president should go further than that in what essential services are.

In my opinion, the longer it goes on, the more non-essential things should be shut down.

You betcha!

Seems like the Trump Christmas Shutdown is already having an effect on his followers.

I’ll sit back and watch how things develop.

Government shutdowns are cool.