After declaring a National Emergency, Trump goes to Florida to golf?

Most people are just overbearing and selfish…the r or d next to them or even the I is irrelevant

Maybe Jack and Tiger can meet him at his course again this weekend. There’s not a national emergency going on or anything.

I voted for Obama and I thought calling him Golfer-in-Chief was pretty funny (mostly because I don’t see ordinary working folks ever go “golf” for a sport and it also seems pretty disconnected from the forgotten man).

I wonder why we don’t think it’s funny now, you know, just for continuity.

Come to think about it, don’t hear much about the forgotten man anymore either. They’ve been forgotten.

1 Like

They’re being ginned up to forget their problems by being afraid of Scary Brown People, hate states that have recently changed their abortion laws, and wait with baited breath the latest reveal of Deep State Corruption.

Well of course you need the boogeyman, but also I’ve wondered why Obama was considered elitist but Trump isn’t. This thread is a pretty good example of that.

If Obama was elitist and out-of-touch because he golfed, then Trump doing it doesn’t excuse it because Obama did it—it should just mean that there are now two consequent Presidents who are out of touch. But doesn’t seem to work that way, does it? This is basic Socrates logic (“All men are mortal…”).

And don’t get me started on Teleprompter-in-Chief… that’s cool now.

I love to golf and always have. I don’t get to go but probably once a month now. If that. Too much life going on.

If I had a less stressful job with less responsibility, like president of the United States, I could probably golf more.

5 Likes

I heard Trump just made the turn. Not bad for a 11am tee time.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/376556729603223552

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/521813597799067648

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/103158206498476032

3 Likes
1 Like

With 60 percent “Executive Time,” a simulator, and hundreds of outings, I’d be a single-digit handicap for sure if I were a President of Trump’s ilk.

1 Like

And you are wrong. But you do have that right, in this country and on this forum.

1 Like

He should be down on the border driving a squad car?

No. Should be at his resort, forcing the taxpayers to pad his bottom line while he golfs?

Ah, the old complaint about Obama warmed over for Trump. Wonder when the last time was that the opposition didn’t object to Presidents taking vacations.

Obviously, whether he golfs has nothing to do with whether we desperately need a border barrier constructed or not.

You didn’t answer the question. I’ll ask again. Should Trump be at his resort on the taxpayer dime golfing?

I don’t do questions on demand. Do you have some reason to believe he should not be on vacation at the taxpayer expense, as every other President in my lifetime has been?

You didn’t answer the question. I’ll ask again. Should Trump be at his resort on the taxpayer dime golfing? Don’t avoid answering it.

I will avoid it. Do you answer questions on demand? If yes, then answer mine.

And I’ll answer your question. I don’t have a problem with a president taking vacations generally. But I absolutely think it’s wrong for a president to declare a national emergency, then jet set away for a weekend of golf the same day.