Addressing the elephant in the womb

Just pro-lifers?

Hint: Guatemalans and Hondurans who are in Mexico are no longer at risk of the perils they fled their country for.

And your attempted deflection still does not justify deliberately killing a quarter of our next generation.

Are any of the people who are OK with abortions, especially ones right up to birth, for capital punishment? If not, why not?

I have no problem with capital punishment as long as it is done for very serious offenses (serial killers or something) where they have admitted to the crime.

Why? Again, all you are doing is asserting your own values. Never explaining how they are derived.

a) Plenty of Mexicans come north illegally each year so Iā€™m guessing you have no standing for the position youā€™ve taken.

b) Iā€™ve made no deflection. Iā€™ve stated that rhe pro-liferā€™s stance ought to be the well-being of immigrants fleeing poverty and danger should take precedence over Americans already here. If it does not, the pro-liferā€™s value-decision-making process is inconsistent.

I for one will never support abortion unless the Motherā€™s life is at risk, the woman was raped, or in the case of incest! It is NOT a form of birth control and there is absolutely NO reason to turn it into ā€œbirth controlā€ issue! Just because a baby can not function on itā€™s own it is NOT a parasite! A child, can not function in this world on itā€™s own so would you be OK with a 8 year old being ā€œabortedā€? When will it ever stop once it is literally OKā€™d for right after birth?

First, ā€œright up to birthā€ is more or less nonexistent.

Second, Iā€™m against capital punishment for a number of reasons:

1. the possibility the state has it wrong
  2. the cost is a great deal higher
  3. it isnā€™t comparable to abortion in that keeping the prisoner alive doesnā€™t violate someone elseā€™s autonomy and self-determination over their own body.

However, Iā€™d be open to capital punishment given:

1. Particularly heinous crimes
  2. A burden of proof standard greater than ā€œBeyond a reasonable doubtā€ is established for these cases. There can be no doubt.

Then you support almost all abortions, as the risk to the motherā€™s life for carrying to term is like an order of magnitude greater than abortion.

To clarify i only support abortion in first 3 months. I believe that gives enough time for choice. Anything after it must be due to life of mother

Heres a question: why does the life of a mother take precedence over the baby if the baby can be medically kept alive?

Mexicans arenā€™t the elephant in the womb.

Yes they areā€¦metaphorically speaking.

Conditional yes, arbitrary, certainly not outside of the mentally disturbed that is.

Conditional and arbitrary.

Thereā€™s nothing arbitrary about it.

Observation and evaluation if I have time. If theyā€™re breaking say into my bedroom itā€™s going to be a very short evaluation process before I shoot.

No, the moment they threaten my life they have set the value of their own.

Thatā€™s their decision.

The state to a large extent determines what any of us can do with our bodies legally.

Every woman who isnā€™t raped has had the opportunity to exercise control prior to getting pregnant.

Once you create a new human life itā€™s not just ā€œher bodyā€ thatā€™s involved anymore and at that point we as a society get to determine when abortion is or isnā€™t legal.

Does it work?

Why these two exceptions?