Addressing the elephant in the womb

No. Is it right or wrong to preserve innocent life? Simple question. If it is right, you don’t start looking for exceptions. It is either right or wrong.

Back up. Start with Is taking an innocent life right or wrong. Next, let’s see what government is telling us. Get rid of government opinion. Get rid of any business that wants to promote ending life, just as would be done to any business that wants to promote pedophilia. My position is not that difficult to understand.

Teens were scared that IUD’s would kill them so they stopped having sex. Makes sense.

So you don’t want govt telling insurance companies what to insure? You don’t want govt restricting private companies from advertising their services?

I’m confused. Can you be more clear here?

When you say, “Get rid of any business…” how do you propose doing that? By law? Do you think it would just happen without laws? Can you expand a bit?

1. Is taking an innocent life right or wrong?
  2. If the government is in favor of taking innocent life, should it begin teaching taking an innocent life is the right thing to do?
  3. If the government teaches taking an innocent life is wrong, then should it encourage businesses to profit from the loss of innocent lives?
  4. In short NO ONE, no entity, is to do anything to encourage anyone to take an innocent life. If someone insists on an abortion she can figure out how to go about it and how to pay for it all on her own because the taking of an innocent life is wrong.

The government has ruled taking an innocent life is legal. I am saying taking innocent life is wrong. Therefore I want government hands out of abortion because it is a personal matter and nothing the government should have involved itself in to begin with. If government should stick to its own duties and keep its nose out of personal matters, I favor that.

How about if you keep your nose out of other people’s personal matters?

How am I in anyone else’s personal matters? Or are you saying, my views are not welcome and you want me to leave off discussing them here?

You don’t need to make things up that no one said.

Your entire premise is built on your religious meaning of “innocent life”. We’ve already discussed this. You are pushing your religion into other’s because you view young fetuses as persons with rights.

1 Like

Werent you just talking about how you encourage coworkers to not have abortions awhile ago? Arent you pushing to outlaw abortion? Werent you saying that part of the solution is to not have sex outside of marriage?

Aren’t most of us already cheating on God’s actual plan for reproduction by masturbating and using birth control? Or is that just Catholic’s?

Why would it take a law? Do we see advertisements now? Do you really think people are so eager to see that abortions are performed they really want to advertise?

So you wouldn’t prohibit advertising? You wouldn’t prohibit insurance companies from covering abortion? (Talking about govt here and your thoughts on its role)

Can you give a direct response please?

[quote=“Borgia_dude, post:870, topic:120804”]
So you wouldn’t prohibit advertising? You wouldn’t prohibit insurance companies from covering abortion? (Talking about govt here and your thoughts on its role) [/quote]

Why do you want advertisements for abortions? Do you believe should we also return to advertising for cigarettes?

It doesn’t matter why. I’m asking you if you would use govt to make abortion ads illegal.

Similarly would you use govt to make insurance companies not cover abortion?

They are not in use now, so I am saying you cannot use government to make them legal under my proposal. When someone proposes for government to remove itself from the abortion issue, a counter proposal to put government back into abortion via insurance seems an odd thing with which to counter.

Person 1: Let’s take government totally out of abortion.
Person 2: Only if government can then legalize abortion ads.
Person 1: What part of “government totally out of abortion” do you not understand? It seems to me you are fighting to find another way that government can be part of promoting abortion.

What? Some private insurance companies provide coverage for abortions. Is that ok or do you think govt should outlaw it?

Similarly, Abortion providers certainly have taken out print ads for their services. Is that ok or should govt outlaw it?

From your anti-govt stance, it appears you would not favor the govt outlawing either of the two above practices. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are going far afield. Here are the Essential Questions:

• Is it right to end an innocent life?
  • Is it right for the government to back ending innocent lives?
  • Is it right to promote the ending of innocent lives?
  • Is it right to make money from deliberately ending innocent lives?

If you answer ‘yes’ to any of those questions then we are on opposite sides of the issue of life. Answering, “I’ll just define life differently…I’ll just make it an issue of choice rather than life…” is another way of saying, “Yes, it is right to end an innocent life. Yes, it is right for government to back the ending of innocent lives. Yes, it is right to promote the ending of innocent lives. Yes, it is right to make money from deliberately ending innocent lives.”

Be a man, take a stand, and say, “Yes! It is right to kill the unborn!”

Meanwhile I’m on the side that says, “This is not right. It should not be backed by government. It should not be promoted. No one should be able to make a living from killing those not yet born.”

Borgia dude, it has been nice discussing this with you, and I mean it sincerely. Looking back on the last couple of days, it seems to me you are looking for a way that will make me (and others who are pro-life) to give an inch. I am not willing to give that inch. The result of someone giving that inch has resulted in twenty-to-thirty percent of each generation being aborted. It’s more than past time to begin walking back that mile.

A 4 week old fetus is not a person.