Activists are now coming after our beloved national anthem: "The Star Spangled Banner"is

You know what happens when one side that wants a lot starts being given a little?

I don’t support tearing this down. I don’t support tearing any public historical artifact down. I don’t agree with giving a single inch to the crap I’m seeing in the news. This isn’t the way.

4 Likes

Sing whatever you like. Most of us will stick with the Anthem imo.

Give an inch and they will take a mile is an accurate saying.

3 Likes

They don’t want to “tear the anthem down”, they just want it replaced. What are you talking about? The same goes for White Supremacist statues littered across the country. People have made it known repeatedly that they shouldn’t be displayed in public, they should be in a museum or otherwise.

Those appeals have been denied until matters are taken into their own hands. It’s no different from Colin Kaepernick KNEELING during the anthem (to bring it full circle) and being told that “This isn’t the way” to the people unapologetically tearing down businesses and property. There’s a lot to unpack, no doubt.

Let’s change it to Baby Love by the Supremes.

1 Like

We cannot allow our heritage, our history to be replaced. I don’t care what the third stanza of a poem set to an Irish Drinking tune says. It’s our national anthem…and they ( whoever they is) can’t have it.

I don’t trust this mob in the news that’s out to tear historic statues down, or change national anthems, or renaming military bases, or cities, or any of that powder keg of violence pretending to be the good guys. I’ve seen this before in Arabia and Persia. This isn’t unique, special, or new. It’s just labeled differently.

I’m not supporting frenzied groups out to take advantage of chaos in the wake of a wasted opportunity to come together and agree about police brutality.

4 Likes

So acknowledge our heritage… our history.

I have…you?

To me it sounds like that verse is saying that slavery was a pollution in out countries footsteps(history).

Sounds to me like the song is doing exactly what the leftists want. Acknowledging the sins of the past.

Your concession is duly noted and appreciated.

I have… my entire life.
And the same can be said for my elders and ancestors.

I can’t spend money without looking a slave owner in the face.
I couldn’t go to school without learning how ‘heroic’ they were.
I can’t traverse this country without seeing monuments in their honor… All my people gave known is White American acknowledgement.

Would a little Black American acknowledgement really hurt you??? I mean really???

1 Like

Hardly a concession, I love that song.

Careful friend…you don’t know me…you obviously have not read my body of work here. But you are dangerously close to calling me out for something I am not. Or for not doing something I have spent 30 plus years trying to make sure to acknowledge.

1 Like

It’s been years since I’ve been here, my guy. I haven’t “called you out” for anything, I simply asked if a little Black acknowledgement is too much. Simple yes or no, and your resume remains in tact.

1 Like

I remember enjoying black history month in elementary.

It’s never been too much. I acknowledge everyday. And asking me if a little acknowledgment is too much. As if I don’t at all. As I said…you have come close a callout for something I don’t deserve…as you have no idea what I acknowledge or who I acknowledge. This makes me sick.

2 Likes

When I was down with the coronavirus back in late March I had wrote a new national anthem for the CCP of China, while sitting sound in lockdown down from a disease from a distant land because someone in China thought it was a good idea to put bats in their soup.

All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
We ■■■■■■■ eat them all

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m really lost on what the issue is here.
We should acknowledge our history, yes?

That includes Francis Scott Key who owned slaves and wrote about them not escaping in what became our National Anthem, yes??

What’s the problem here?

“Image there’s no country” isn’t a good lyric for a national anthem.

I’ve heard another notion to replace The Star Spangled Banner with This Land Is Your Land.

“The only thing worse than banning a song is to make it official” Pete Seeger

You telling me that I’m not giving Black American Acknowledgement…thats the problem. You don’t see a problem with that?

Quote: would a little Black American Avklowledgement hurt you??? Really??

What does that say to you??