Acosta's press pass returned by a judge

Exactly fact filled posts get the short shrift at hannity.

Allan

Doubling down on stupid, the White House is signaling they will revoke Acosta’s press pass at the end of the month…

1 Like

Need a judge to slap his orange ass down again.

The White house will lose again.

dont they understand the fifth amendment. Due process.

Allan

Yes they will lose again and no they don’t understand due process…

Still baffled by this- and no ones answered my question yet. If they don’t like him why don’t they stop calling on him? Why go to the trouble of trying to remove him when they could just stop taking his questions? Or is there a protocol where they have to?

always sad when the president doesnt understand due process even when a judge he has appointed spells it out for him.

The reason for the TRO was the 5th amendment.

Has the White House said anything about giving Acosta his 5th Amendment rights in this matter?

Allan

They are apparently developing some rules for conduct, etc. and are going to apply them retroactively to Acosta…

Sounds like that’s it in a nutshell.

Apparently the white house believes due process means banning reporters from the press room for rules that don’t exist yet.

That’s not a smart move. Trump could easily break his own rules and look bad yet again (which will then be used in campaign ads).

pretty simple answer - try telling a toddler that crying at the dining room table will not get him his dessert any faster.

Not a good analogy.

I think one of the new rules should be that if you accuse someone of criminal assault, you can’t run like a ■■■■ when someone asks you to prove it in court.

Feeding the Base.

Then why try to remove him permanently?

OK, to hopefully end the questions on what the White House can and cannot do about Acosta, I asked someone who would know. Here’s what they said when I asked if there were any rules that Trump could apply to get rid of Acosta. I’ve said previously here that it was up to journalists and not the White House and this agrees with that:

No, currently there are none…but this White House appears on course to change that, according to Kellyanne Conway’s statements today. which is dangerous – who decides which reporter is coloring outside the lines? The White House may not like Acosta’s questions, and think he’s a showboat who’s editorializing. but when they start determining which behavior is “civil” the slippery slope begins…to date, it has been the White House Correspondents Association, a committee made up of journalists in the White house, who determines the seating, the access etc in the press room. and if the White House tries to change that, there will be huge debate ahead…

Here is a link to the actual letter sent by the White House, CNN’s response, transcript of the hearing from last week and the request for an emergency hearing…

It’s not up to them, much as they’d like it to be.

Because Donald Trump is thin skinned he’s gonna guarantee that a democratic president can shut Fox News out.

I would bet that if a Dem wins in 2020, we will hear that probably from someone at Fox.

1 Like