Acosta's press pass returned by a judge

All this judge said was, it has to go through due process. And IMO the WH is gonna have a hard time winning this one.

But, sure, the WH can deep freeze him - I’m just saying that POLITCALLY opens them up to issues. They certainly can do it though.

I think some of you are overdramatizing this situation. Despite the fact that Acosta was the main figure in this, it wasn’t about him and was NEVER about him even if Trump tried to make it that way, especially in his confrontational episodes with him. It was always about press access and whether a president has the right to pick and choose who he wants to allow in his press conferences. The judge’s ruling clearly shows that Acosta had the right to be there. It’s his job. As he said outside the court, “Let’s get back to work.” Funny that Sarah Sanders clearly ignored that. “Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House,” which deliberately clouds the fact that while the judge made his ruling on the basis of the Fifth Amendment, he left open a future ruling on the First Amendment.

The Justice Department, though, has been floating the idea that reporters can be barred if the White House doesn’t agree with their reporting, which would definitely be against the First Amendment and a restriction of press freedom. Let’s hope we don’t go down that road.

If Trump refuses to call on him, the story will be that he is afraid. And Trump won’t allow that. Besides, Acosta is a perfect foil for him to rail against.

Filibuster? Seriously? He asked two questions and it took less than 90 seconds. And that was with Trump interrupting and belittling him a dozen times and from the beginning of Acosta asking his first question. Hyperbole much?

1 Like

I love the Mueller pictures.

Wonder what’s up with that…is it some kind of a clan?

I suspect the only change in interns will be to wait patiently until the mic is freely given, rather than grabbing at them and forcibly yanking them out of journalists hands.

1 Like

I know…it’s the Mueller tribe.

1 Like

:thinking:

Altering what took place is exactly what her description of events did. It is a thing called lying.

“CNN’s CEO has thousands of shell companies too you fake news loser. Now sit down and shut up”.

Trump never intended to ban him for life Trump loves to look “confrontational” with the media especially CNN his supporters eat it up and his detractors clutch their pearls.

You can bet your butt Trump will continue to call on Acosta.

Yes, and it was the pushback by Acosta that led to the incident in question. Trump loves to shout over the person, get his jab in, and move on.

If more reporters begin to “talk back” to Trump’s insults, we may see even fewer PC than we have already.

I’m not sure why more republicans aren’t mad at Donald Trump. We got our first minority president then republicans stormed back and took control of everything. Then they elected Trump. All he had to do was be somewhat sane and republicans would be kicking ass right now. Just somewhat sane. The midterms would have been a completely different story with a competent leader.

They should be screaming at him to shut up.

Ah, but who will be the first to face the Wrath of Trump?

Worse- its an attempt at smearing his reputation by painting him as abusive to women. Anything to shut down hard questions I guess. MAGA!

1 Like

I’m afraid saying “excuse me ma’am” and hesitating a few seconds to surrender the mic is not a “shoving screaming mob”.

1 Like

I’m talking about average everyday republicans. Like people here. He’s killing their party. They wouldn’t have to endure the pain of the midterms if trump had just shut up. They should be calling their Congress people.

Sweet, sweet irony.

Wow. Can I just say wow?

1 Like

The WH has already won this one. Nobody can order the WH to hand the mic to Acosta. I hope he enjoys the view.