A Win for Voters in Pennsylvania

It’ refers to an actual cult.

How so?

You didn’t read the article did you?

The court’s four more conservative justices — Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh — would have halted a lower court ruling from taking effect, strongly suggesting that Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the three liberal justices to form a 4-4 tie that left in place the lower court’s decision.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

John Roberts the leftist!!!
Good one!

In the technical world It’s been adopted as aN idiom to describe practices that defy reason:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult_programming

It was not the best idiom for my point.

1 Like

What is the purpose of the additional 3 days?

I think the claim was that capacity may not meet demand due to influence of Covid.

http://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Supreme/out/j-96-2020mo%20-%20104548450113066639.pdf#search=%22%27Supreme%2bCourt%27%22

Capacity of what?

:man_shrugging:

I gave up on trying to find anything in all that legal gobalty goop.

1 Like

The ability to get ballots through the mail
And into the custody of the polling place. The June primary had a few 10K ballots delivered late and it was claimed this could happen again.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/pa-mail-ballots-deadline-2020-primary-election-20200610.html

Interestingly, Pennsylvania ALREADY accepts Overseas and Uniformed Voter ballots until November 10th, assuming they are postmarked by 11:59 pm on November 2nd. 8 days and that happens EVERY election. So complaining about 3 days is just nonsense.

I expect that the Voting Rights Act Amendments in the next Congress will deal with this issue among many others.

4 Likes

If they are post marked 11/3 they will be there, so it must be “the hard working local clerks who are the ones who tally the votes”.

Sorry to let the team down but I couldn’t locate a van and am not going to be able to make my tyrannical quota but I’ll Uber down as much is possible

1 Like

This is good news. And that one dude claiming he would send a Trump slate even if Biden won is talking out of his ass. Pennsylvania voters actually enforce consequences on politicians.

The last time they got out of pocket, the leadership of both parties were primaried by their own people and a few of the Republicans went to prison.

Hey now - that’s not suppose to be public information.

1 Like

wow. even without a clear postmark they will be counted

democrats must really be worried they might not be able to legitimately win PA

1 Like

That the more votes are counted, the better it is for Biden?

Why would anyone not want to count all the legitimate votes?

1 Like

Yeah, in 2016 you seemed to deliver all of those fake ballots to California. Try to get it right this time!

2 Likes

I think postmark is reception at the post office, not delivery to the polling place or clerks office.

I think you’re right. I also think the post office is not the problem.