A serious medicare for all question for A.O.C

Boomers got the most hand outs of any generation and then worked to dismantle that they benefitted from.

As far as the most taxed generation… gen X here and we pay the exact same taxes.

Difference being… I doubt I will see what boomers get out of Social Security

Probably not. Because the money that you pay in FICA is not used for social security. It is raided and used to pay for anything they please. Including government pensions.

No I get that. And I understand why it goes into the general fund. A country can’t have a huge amount of money taken out of the economy to spend decades later… that makes no economic sense.

But what is being fought is “entitlement reform” which means that a certain segment of the government is working really hard to not honor those obligations in order to not having to raise taxes.

1 Like

AOC is interesting to watch. She insists on bringing values to the forefront of the discussion instead of letting it be controlled by technocratic concerns.

You provide no evidence that Congress wouldn’t have to pay the Medicare-For-All Tax.

You are correct. I provide no evidence. But I’m willing to go out on a limb and predict that their plan will not be reduced to a Medicare plan. They will keep their gold plated plan intact. As is. They’re special and deserve only the best that your money can buy.

Trump should follow Stacey Abrams eating plan.

My plan has an out of pocket limit, Medicare does not. I do not need to purchase a supplement health care plan like most medicare receipents do. I do not need to purchase a seperate drug plan.
I have family members on Medicare. The only premium free part is Cov A Hospital Coverage.

1 Like

Cortez might answer you with- Medicare is good and stuff, and it’s for like all and stuff,
and not only the tipiest of the tippy tops in America can get it now
and stuff, but everyone can get if for free and stuff, and we’ll just
print money and stuff so everyone gets it for free and stuff. lol.

Without any evidence, you’re going into conspiracy theory. Again, if we had a Medicare-For-All tax, then EVERYBODY would have to pay for it. If congress got their own option, then they would have to pay the tax and the tax on their insurance plan. I can easily see a Medicare-For-All system turning into a system, where people could still buy insurance, but the government one would cover the basic essentials.

All the reasons why Medicare-For-All plan is a terrible idea. People would have to pay the tax for MFA and then purchase their own health-care coverage for their additional needs. At the end of the day, people will be paying more for their health-care.