A serious discussion thread on the the comments made last night between our host and the president

Is it responsible to create elaborate conspiracy theories implicating people in his murder? With no evidence?

Remember, we just agreed journalists should be more responsible in their reporting and not make things up.

I don’t know. It hasn’t been determined. It also hasn’t been determined that he was the leaker. It’s been stated that it was Russian hackers but even that hasn’t been fully determined. There are many unanswered questions surrounding this whole affair and a botch murder does not satisfy them.

Is it sensible not to look at the pieces of a puzzle and attempt to put the pieces together to see what it is? There are many more unused pieces to this puzzle that aren’t being used if it’s simply a botched murder. That doesn’t mean that it isn’t but…it doesn’t make sense.

If your puzzle is about dogs and you’re holding a piece that’s a cat, it’s a good assumption your piece won’t fit.

The Meuller indictment of the Russian companies disputes that Rich had that data. The DCPD concluded it was a botched robbery.
Snopes, Politifact, Factcheck, NYT and WaPo consider it fake news. This story has been an actual case study for “fake news”.
What keeps you from dismissing it as a conspiracy theory. Anything tangible or just the questions in your own mind.

Do you not think DCPD looked at all options before reaching their conclusion?

Do you think we should have gone into Iraq due to WMDs?

What a ridiculous analogy. The Bush Administration cherry picked intelligence as justification for invading iraq, just as you’re cherry picking from the DCPD. Just as the Bush Admin was wrong in Iraq, you are wrong in the Rich case. You just proved the point against yourself. Well done.

1 Like

Really? Ridiculous? I don’t always buy what’s being sold if…it doesn’t add up. There are too many unanswered questions in this to call it a day. Therefore…I’ll wait and conclude…the truth has yet to be revealed.

Not a bad idea, but it feels like sticking a band-aid on a sucking chest wound at this point.

Professional murder detectives disagree with you, but you keep holding out for non-existent proof to fit your narrative.

I was hoping you would cut me a check for my opinion on this…making me a professional? :sunglasses:

The parents asked people like you to stop…respect their wishes…

Mums the word my friend.

What the ■■■■■ Where did that come from?

Yeah…stupid

None of his argument makes any sense so why should that? All he has is throwing ■■■■ at the wall and seeing what sticks

I forgot to tell everyone the walls of this thrrad are teflon coated.

1. Sean claims he is not a journalist.

2. Sean is an unofficial adviser to the POTUS - they have many phone conversations about various topics.

3. People should keep 1 & 2 in mind when judging the information gleaned on Sean’s show re: POTUS.

4. Trump is not loyal.

5. Since his election, Sean has seemed overly eager to please Trump. I don’t know if he is simply flattered teh POTUS calls him for his opinion, or if there is more to this, but there have been so very many things that trump has done that go against Sean Hannity’s spoken values, and yet he doesn’t criticize him.

Is that what you call what you’re doing? Putting together puzzle pieces?

If that is acceptable, then it is totally fine with journalists putting together puzzle pieces with what they know at the moment and publishing quickly. Both have the same level of evidence. Both show the same level of irresponsible behavior imo.

It’s not surprising that you found a way to justify yourself. What’s next, a defense of the Conet Pizza conspiracy? Just putting together puzzle pieces after all.