A serious discussion thread on the the comments made last night between our host and the president

The rather situation is completely different. It involved CBS news and Rather getting 6 documents purported to be from the air national guard. They thought they had a smoking gun. He didn’t lie…he was stupid. He did not realize that the documents were typed on circa 2004 word default type, not a typewriter as there would not have been computers when Bush was in the guard.

On the other hand, Sean made a statement on his show he states is true…with no documentation, no proof, not even a faked letter or garbled audio to even cause him to report the 12 times Cohen told him he made the decision to pay of Daniels. And then told Sean he did not tell Trump. Let alone a year ago Sean said that he had almost no conversation with Cohen and he was not client 3.

So stick with comparing apples to apples. Rather was stupid. It appears…if there is no evidence to prove otherwise, our host may have either been duped into or chose to say things on his shower.

Nice try at deflection though.

Bumping because I love this comment. Thanks,PG.

None of that is even remotely true because that’s not what happened.

Did ted Cruz’s father help kill jfk? People are asking about it and I don’t know the answer.

1 Like

Rather wasn’t stupid he made a decision based on his political bias to try and affect an election to get the results he wanted and got caught.

1 Like

What was stolen?

You have an enquiring mind? There’s a source for that.

I’m not so sure the House will ask Sean to testify, but he statement about Cohen’s representation seems like something the prosecutor in the SDNY case would want to chat with Sean about.

So you disagree with the findings and statement of the DCPD that conducted the investigation? Based on what?

…based on their report. What was stolen in this robbery? It’s my understanding that he still had his watch on and his wallet in his pocket.

Is it unusual for a botched robbery to result in nothing taken by the assailant? How many robbery investigations have you conducted?

1 Like

Getting back to the OP it is interesting that those who have a knee jerk reaction to defend everything Hannity says are not commenting on the fact he has called himself an advocacy journalist.

I think it is time that all the news networks are required to prominently display at the beginning of a program that it is an opinion or commentary show and the views expressed are not meant to reflect independent journalism but the opinions of those participating and the viewer should have no expectation of impartial discussion.

Ahhhhhhhh…so like I said, they have NO idea what happened but it was sensitive enough due to all of the additional circumstances surrounding this, to fill in the blanks with something…and that’s all that was done. Now…as I said…the truth has not been revealed yet.

You are making assumptions. Why do you think the DCPD filled in the blanks with something? Based on your experience conducting mylurder investigations or something else?

…something else…called…common sense.

Common sense to you, not the murder investigators?

Oh…who did the investigators identify?

They identified no one specifically because they couldn’t find the perp. Do you think that is plausible based on the circumstances? During the vast experience you’ve accumulated iworking murders in a big urban city, why did DCPD get it wrong? Because his watch and wallet weren’t stolen?

Do you believe that Rich was murdered because he stole data from the DNC? If not that, what do you believe the motive may have been?

I don’t know that they did but neither do they and that’s the point…isn’t it?