A serious discussion thread on the the comments made last night between our host and the president

Cuomo said tonight that Cohen said the same thing to him previously, before the tapes and flipping.

Interestingā€¦

What i think is incredible is how this thread begins with the assumption cohen is telling the truth. A validated liar.
What i take away from this is hannity doing what is right.
I also think if hannity could validate cohen he would have done so.

If that is the case does that mean when Cohen was on ā€œteam trumpā€ and said all the great things about Trump was he a ā€œValidated Liarā€ then or did he only become a validated Liar when he stopped drinking the trump cool aid? serious question @coolidge if you would care to answer

When Trump entered the election, he was deemed a joke by the establishment on both sides of the aisle. As he rose in popularity, the attacks began and the sharpest criticism came from with in the R party.

When he won the nomination, it was fully believed that Hillary would be in the WH so the media gave Trump plenty of airtime. He was great for the ratings and still is. After the election, the media chose sides. Honesty flew out the window and the fake news era began. Iā€™ve never seen anything like it in my lifetime. How many retractions has the media done since Trump was elected concerning articles that claimed outrageous things. Againā€¦Iā€™ve never seen anything like it.

Now look and itā€™s never been so easy to see on which side people standā€¦and that includes journalists. If the OPs request regarding our host was implemented across the spectrum of journalism, CNN and MSNBC wouldnā€™t even exist.

The question that should be asked is this, is Sean telling the truth? Our host IMO is one of the fewā€¦that tells the truth. Itsā€™ why Iā€™m here and have been here for over a decadeā€¦he tells the truth. I applaud our host for his strength with in the media, his discernment to see whatā€™s going on around him and his ability to deliver the truth in spite of all that is constantly bombarding him from the left. Sean is a warrior of love and conservatism and right now, I am standing here in awe and applauding him.

Thank you sir for all that youā€™ve done, are doing and going to do,

Smyrna

See the problem here is that Trump is also a validated liar. About many many many things.

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™d rather have a press that retracts when they get things wrong than a President that continually lies and never retracts.

Iā€™d also take issue with Smyrna claiming the press is wrong more often now.

3 Likes

Valid point on return loyalty from Trump. We have seen where Cohen has gone from ā€œa good manā€ to a ā€œratā€.

If Sean does have to testify, and it ultimately sheds a bad light on Trump, that Sean may go from being a supporter of Trump to being ostracized by Trump in front of the world.

1 Like

I have to agree. the problem is when you align yourself to a reality TV president if the ratings fall or you are replaced by a new ā€œfresh faceā€ you will be cast aside like so many have in this administration. You will go from a favorite to ā€œonly got the coffeeā€ status. I like Sean, hell if i didnā€™t i wouldnā€™t be here, but my worry is in aligning himself to this POTUS when the tide changes he could be left high and dry like so many others. My old mum always said if you lay with dogs you will get fleas Sean Please take note as we want to see you on our screens and on our radios for years to come and not get relegated to a You Tube feed when the trump train derails you are way too good for that to happen.

Why is it all of a sudden a problem if a (journalist/political host) shows favoritism towards one side? Is this something new you guys are discovering? Do you ever watch CNN? MSNBC?

3 Likes

The fact democrats brought a convicted liar back in to testify shows how desperate democrats are.
Cohen lied about the trump russia deal. He did so under his own self interest. This is proven because of fake news making accusations trump led cohen to lie, the special counsel responded saying it was not accurate.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a huge risk that anyone loyal to Trump faces. Look at Sessions, Steve Bannon, and Michael Cohen to name just a few. They all went from ā€œgreat guysā€ to the scum of the earth at Trumpā€™s whim. Everyone has to determine what their risk tolerance is in situations like that - but that is not a risk I personally would want to take.

2 Likes

I agree but with the greatest respect you did not answer the question I asked. If, as you say and i see no prove to counter th statement that he is a proven Liar was he a liar when he lavished praise on the current POTUS simple yes or no will do.

And that is the same point i was trying to make. I think Sean is too good to be dragged into that swamp and cast out if he stops towing the line

1 Like

ā€¦and then you looked back at just the past 30 days and remembered the fake stories of Jussie Smollet, the Covington kids, the lies told, the damage done, the innocent people hurt, the too late retractions and realizedā€¦Smyrna is spot on.

Two things:

If heā€™s (Cohen) a validated liar, then why are we to believe his commentary on the Russia investigation?

Given that Trump is a validated liar, why donā€™t the very same people who now deny Cohenā€™s credibility (aka-Trump supporters) hold Trump to the same standard?

5 Likes

Actually, you are right. If I go back and compare to 50 years ago the press was far less wrong then.

Iā€™d attribute the increase in error to two factors:

1. The advent of the 24 hour news programs has created an insatiable need for new stories to draw eyeballs. Quantity is valued over quality. Investigative news has been disappearing.

2. The merging of news and entertainment. Opinion news is rapidly becoming the norm and people accept it as news. It is far cheaper to hire opinion news people than for investigators for news stories. And ratings show that is what the people want.

These two factors lead to many more errors in news stories. When needed, opinion news hosts claim they arenā€™t journalists, all while telling you they are giving you the news. There is no check on them.

You and I remember a different time. The younger generation does not and thinks that todayā€™s news sources are the norm. We have acquiesced to these changes.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not ALL OF THE SUDDEN a problem. Itā€™s sort of amazing that this is the conclusion you come to, when so many of us on this forum have been decrying slanted news outlets for some time, which hasnā€™t been limited to our criticism of Fox.

Many of us have had a problem, for some time now, with the ā€œopinutainmentā€ model on networks like CNN/MSNBC/Fox.

I highly suggest reading a bit more carefully in discussion of the media here. Youā€™re asking questions that get discussed here frequently.

1 Like

@Smyrna i agree and I would add to the list you quoted the TX AG issuing a list of a few hundreds of thousands non citizens that voted in TX that, within hours, was debunked and he was forced to admit there where"issue" with the list.

A lot of people in the press jumped to conclusions regarding Smollet and Covington and probably did so because it fit their narrative. But they retracted/corrected their reporting when the facts came out.

Has Trump ever acknowledged it when he has it wrong? Seems all he does is double down on his nonsense.