A 'Scary' Survey Finding: 4 In 10 Republicans Say Political Violence May Be Necessary

Average Bear, is that you?!

2 Likes

Then what was all that between Election Day and Jan. 6 all about?

3 Likes

Distracting voters from election integrity and the neverending pandemic lockdowns…even with a vaccine and empty hospitals.

Because teacher unions need fed more $$$…

1 Like

Force and violence the same thing?

Sorry, cities can’t control the territory they are trying to impose their will on. Maybe they should stop trying.

Well, well…

Similarly, 36 percent of Republicans and 33 percent of Democrats said it is at least “a little” justified for their side “to use violence in advancing political goals”—up from 30 percent of both Republicans and Democrats in June.

There has been an even larger increase in the share of both Democrats and Republicans who believe there would be either “a lot” or “a great deal” of justification for violence if their party were to lose in November. The share of Republicans seeing substantial justification for violence if their side loses jumped from 15 percent in June to 20 percent in September, while the share of Democrats jumped from 16 percent to 19 percent.

Pretty even split in October. I’m not surprised the election might have shifted it a bit.

Pretty scary indeed.

(D)omestic terrorism is cool. Eve(R )yone else is bad.

2 Likes

“A little” violence is ok.

3 Likes

Articles like this, from the well known fake news leftists, are designed keep Americans divided and living in fear. … Very sad!!!

2 Likes

You first statement is a false broad brush. That makes rest of the post is invalid.

As a prior posters said, we have a federal government that has assumed way more power than it was given in the Constitution.
On top of that, you have about half the country moving rapidly in one political direction and ignoring the concerns of the other half, and about half the country headed in the opposite direction.
Why is the poll surprising?

Agree, a very broad brush.
But then, we have a VP who collected money to provide bond for people in Minnesota last summer. Had she previously expressed concern for people accused of crimes in Minnesota?

Or the words of “some” libs…those business are just Taco stands.

No it isn’t.

As long as I’ve been follow politics democrats philosophy sometime violence is required to effect social change.

Why else do they always resort to violence and other forms of destruction?

Yes it is.

Other than your ‘feelings’ please show where “they” ALWAYS resort to violence and other forms of destruction. There are always a few. Do the rioters at the capitol mean “they” ALWAYS resort to violence?

In 1776 some were saying the same thing.

What did that idiot Chris cuomo say?

“Show me where it is written that protest has to be peaceful?”

From Memorial Day Weekend all thru the summer of 2020 cities with predominantly left wing democrats in charge failed to deal with riots and violence daily in some cases. Since 1-6-21, a few hours on one day, those same hypocrites have tried to give the impression that conservatives are all some mob supporting that QAnon thingy whatever it is (my wife had either cnn or MessNbc on yesterday literally every time I walked thru the room there was a QAnon lower third on the screen. Don’t tell me they aren’t trying to subtly link Trump voters to their favorite little collection of demons even though most of us have no idea what the hell Q whatever even is).

If it was …heh, no big deal I don’t care what people choose to do from Pelosi and company when it was our homes and workplaces…

What gives them the right to call in the jack booted thugs of the national guard and built great big fences (I thought walls didn’t work?).

Hypocrites

3 Likes

I gave you the numbers above. 52%. Over half.