A Reminder of the Bureaucrats and What They're Capable Of

THE DIRECTOR OF National Intelligence apologized in June to the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee for lying during a hearing, according to a letter published on the DNI website on Tuesday.

Director James Clapper appeared before the committee in March, where Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., asked him specifically if NSA spies on millions of Americans. Clapper answered, “No.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/02/national-intelligence-director-apologizes-for-lying-to-congress

Yeah he’s one of them. Him, Comey, Strzok, McCabe… the list goes on and on.

2 Likes

And here, in a nutshell, is the difference between Clapper and Trump:

“Mistakes will happen, and when I make one, I correct it,” said Clapper, who has served in his current position since August 2010. The veteran intelligence operator spent 32 years in the military before retiring in 1995, according to his DNI biography.

You’d never, in a million years, catch Trump dead owning up to a mistake.

4 Likes

Clapper didn’t make a mistake, he lied.

4 Likes

Ok, and? Someone in Washington lying is breaking news somehow?

Nobody in America cares about the Clapper.

These days, we just shield bureaucrats from accountability so they don’t have the opportunity to be caught in a lie or say anything inconvenient.

1 Like

Admits lying during a congressional hearing?

Why isn’t this guy facing charges? Lying to congress in a hearing is a chargible offense.

And they get away with it…and then go right back to what they been doing. No repercussions.

And then wonder why “some” people like myself view them as direct threat.

Goverment in hands of libs is dangerous mix.

2 Likes

He lied. Lying isn’t a mistake.

1 Like

Populism is dumb.

And yet… they’re still walking free. :rofl:

You really got them now!

2 Likes

I think in Clappers’ case it’s too late. The statute of limitations has run out on that lie, I believe.

Don’t you vote democrat?

Well that’s kind of the point of the thread, it seems to me.

Bureaucrats can do great harm, and are not accountable to the voters. Nobody in America cares about them. (Nobody in America even know about most bureaucrats that actually exist in our government.)

But they’re capable of nefarious things, and they control (or at least influence) far more aspects of our lives than Americans really know.

1 Like

Clapper was caught in his lie when Snowden outed the truth. Clapper is no hero. Was he going to lie again after he was caught?

Clapper didn’t just lie, he lied under oath. That is illegal, it is perjury. Were you that defensive about Flynn?

2 Likes

The left is very consistent with changing their positions.

1 Like

So then…as an example…this statement by Trump’s lawyer, in his prepared statement in the impeachment trial, was a lie and not a mistake?

Cipollone said “Not even Mr. Schiff’s Republican colleagues were allowed into the SCIF” during impeachment investigation".

This statement, is of course false.

Was he wearing a uniform when he said it?

How does this relate to the post to which I was responding?