A question for pro-choice/pro-abortion people

:rofl: Shure. Why not.

1 Like

Who doesn’t have access to abstinence?

1 Like

I’m sorry if that’s not what you were saying. I misunderstood your post.

Abstinence is easy when nobody wants to with you.

They will be unnecessary for reproduction. Just dump their eggs and go on about their rewarding and fulfilling careers.

1 Like

That’d be great. Do you disagree?

:joy: :rofl:

You’re batting 1000 today.

Regardless. Didn’t have to worry about no baby mamas when I wasn’t ready for it.

1 Like

Thanks friend.

No, honestly. Good on you. That’s how it should be.

In as I wouldn’t need to put up with their ■■■■■ yes.

Women agree with you.

1 Like

Good for you but it doesn’t change the fact that people will always have sex. It’s a biological human imperative. Whenever you have males and females together sex will happen.

I have taken so many crazy risks when I was younger but at the time I didn’t even think of the possible consequences I just insulted myself. The vast majority of young people do not think of consequences, they simply are not wired that way.

You make people sound like rutting deer. people have a choice over their base instincts.

2 Likes

You obviously know very little about human psychology and yes when it comes to sex we are like any other animal. Of course it’s not an excuse but it’s an explanation.

Anyway go back to your perfect world where you never make a bad decision or lose control of your emotions.

If we are going with that explanation, then don’t ever expect any spouse to be faithful.

Oh, I’ve made plenty of bad decisions. Others can choose to learn from therm or to repeat them. The results don’t really change all that much.emphasized text

1 Like

Don’t forget to turn off your wiki so that people aren’t tempted to edit your post.

Click the . . . and “close wiki”

Lucy,

Thank you. I really appreciate your thoughts on the subject matter.

You’re accurate that being a cisgender male, I will never have to experience the hardship of pregnancy. But being a man does not disqualify me from the discussion. I in fact, know pro-life women. Not just one, but many. My mom is very pro-life, and she raised two boys. At least one of my Aunts is pro-life, and she had three miscarriages. In fact, her first child died during the removal of the child. That’s right, when they removed the child from the womb, it was already dead. They had to give her a teddy bear in place of the child. I am not trying to put words in your mouth, but women can be pro-life too. It’s not really a man vs. woman issue.

I perfectly understand that pregnancy is hard, and puts tremendous stress on the mother, both physically and mentally. I am under no impression that this is some walk in the park.

Over the years, I have written a lot on these boards about abortion, but just in case, you’re unaware, allow me to explain my logical thinking.

When we’re talking about a pregnancy, there are essentially two lives here. The mother and the child. Both lives matter and deserve respect.

It’s illegal/unconstitutional to kill another human life without due process of the law. And there’s no way, you could blame the fetus for being conceived to the wrong parent. In other words,the baby did not choose to be conceived to Mother A rather than Mother B.

On the other hand, you have the mother. The mother did not choose to be a biological female or have ovaries. When the mother gets pregnant, she essentially has to change her daily life and go through an added stress. It’s a tough and uncertain situation. In other words, you can argue that her liberty is at stake.

So to recap, we have the life of the child and the liberty of the woman at stake, and both so-called rights (disputed rights) are being intersected.

Here’s where I draw the line, the tragic line for that matter: Liberty never means “I have the right to harm or destroy another human life”. Getting an abortion is not about taking a magic pill, and then the child magically disappears. It involves removing the fetus and tearing its body parts apart, and then tossing them away. To me, that’s not liberty. That’s killing. Move over, the woman CHOOSE to have sex. The child did not CHOOSE to be born. Big difference.

To me, the only grey area, is rape cases. This is where I can see the argument. In these cases, the woman did not choose to get pregnant. I cannot fault her for being raped. In other words, her CHOICE was taken away and her liberty to choose was never provided. This is why I argue that we should either provide for the exception OR have the mother go on medical leave with full government support.

1 Like

Thanks Calvin, I totally get your point. I can honestly understand the pro-life point of view. And I didn’t mean to insinuate that you need to butt out because you’re not a woman. I’ve never been of that opinion.

Fundamentally though, for some of the very same of my points that you acknowledged as being true, I have to fall on the other side of the line and grant women the first trimester to make a medical decision on something that will fundamentally change life for now and forever.

Thanks for the great discussion.

2 Likes

People like you change hearts and minds. We all play a part. Understanding each other is the ultimate goal.